13. Throwing Stones

*Hello lovelies! I'm back...again and I'm here with a little update on what's been going on in my life and why updates have been so sporadic. A few weeks back I started my job and my life has been pretty much consumed by. I'm working a lot of hours and it's been tiring me out to the point of coming home and sleeping leaving little time for me to write. Also, last week was my annual family vacation which was some much needed rest and relaxation and I only got one chapter of a book done while I was up there. But now I'm home and off for a couple days so here I am with updates. I can't promise they'll be frequent or as often as usual but I'm trying my best to find a balance with everything in my life right now and it's been a little tricky. I really appreciate your patience and I hope you all continue to read and enjoy my books as writing them is still one of my favorite things to do in my free time. I love you all so much and I hope you enjoy these updates.  

***********************************************************************************************

When my eyes flutter open I expect to find the summer sun beaming through my windows but instead I'm met with the moon shining back at me. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion as I sit up and my ears tune into the noise that woke me up. I turn my head and notice stones hitting my window at random intervals and I can't hide my chuckle as I climb out of bed and walk over, looking down at the ground.

There, on the ground is my boyfriend wearing a pair of sweatpants and a purple NYU sweatshirt. I throw my window open and lean against the sill. "What's up Romeo?"

"I missed thee Juliet" he replies making me giggle. He was such a goof sometimes.

"Oh did you?" I ask curiously, a smile on my lips. "Did you think you could just come over and sneak up here?"

He shrugs. "Perhaps maybe" he concedes. "Why? Is that not an option?" he asks making me laugh as I shake my head.

"Not unless you'd like to get your ass kicked by the dragon who happens to be my father" I reply honestly. I think my dad loved it when Kyle and I broke up because it meant he no longer had to worry about me having sex but things with Dylan were getting more and more serious by the day which would only serve to make my dad nervous.

"I'll keep my hands to myself" he assures me. "I just wanna talk. Please Ems."

I sigh. There really was no saying no to him. He was too sweet. "Ugh fine" I concede, standing up and putting up my finger to signal that I needed just a minute. I move away from the window and sneak downstairs to open the door for him, pulling it open as he appears on the porch.

He walks in and I lock the door behind him, taking his hand and leading him upstairs with me. I open my bedroom door and close it behind myself while he goes and looks around the room, taking in every nook and cranny. "Woah" he comments, looking at my extensive collection of books. "You really do read a lot huh?"

"I'm a nerd" I shrug, taking a seat on my bed. "So what brings you over so late at night? Is everything okay?" I ask worriedly. He stops in front of me and brings his lip between his teeth.

"What happened today?" he asks bluntly. I sigh, reaching up and running my fingers through my hair in frustration.

"Kyle and Rachel happened" I admit. "They know how to play on my insecurities and I broke" I add honestly. "I-I wish things were different but" I sigh.

"Emma what could you possibly think is wrong with you?" he asks gently, kneeling in front of me. "You're such a beautiful girl. The only reason they mess with you is because he wants you and she wants to be you. That's it."