Coffee Sparks

Aleks POV

" Hey Venus look" I nudged her arm and pointed towards my phone. After last night we decided to see if Venus was interested in getting a part-time job, so all morning we searched through jobs around the area. "A coffee shop at seven dials, Huh," She said looking up." Well?" I said raising an eyebrow. I sighed " Venus, please, you'll be doing both of us a favor." She continued looking at me she moved her head to gesture for me to explain. I exhaled again" Listen, We've been here all morning, if you choose this it'll be it, no more searching, plus It's an amazing coffee shop, trust me. You'll Like It" She opened her mouth and finally said, "Okay, I'll try it out." I laid back and exhaled a happy sigh. " Thank god" I laughed out. She continued to look at me as I raised an eyebrow." Well, what are you waiting for?" I said motioning for her to go. She tilted her head slightly confused. " What." She said " Get dressed, Your interview starts in an hour" Her eyes went wide as she got up and ran up the stairs, I giggled to myself lightly.

Venus POV

I got dressed in my yellow sweater and a black skirt. I walked down the stairs grabbing my backpack and waved goodbye to Aleks.

I walked In a hurry to the coffee shop, Around 10 minutes later I was there. I was determined to get this job, It would get me started with life I guess. I walked towards it and took a deep breath in. I walked inside and went over to the counter. " Hi I was wondering if I could apply for the job," I said smiling brightly. " Yes of course follow me" She motioned me to follow her so I did. The interview went as followed, a few questions about what I'm interested in, why I want the job and so on. "Alright, You're hired, when can you start." I smiled "Whenever!" I said continuing to smile." Alright, perfect then you'll start today, put that apron on and I'll get an employee to guide you through the day" He shook my hand and went off. 

I slide the apron and on and tied it at the back. Mid-tie I heard footsteps going down the stairs. "Alright, Miss Quinn" " Venus is fine." I said as I slowly turned around just to be met with a familiar figure, I widened my easy slightly. " Lysander will be your mentor today, He's one of the best so you'll get the hang of it quickly." Without another word, he went off to the kitchen. I stood still looking at him before he smiled and raised an eyebrow. " Are you okay?" He said chuckling. He broke me out of my thoughts and I smiled. " Oh Yeah, I just wasn't expecting you to be here." I smiled again and stared into his brown orbs, I noticed they were somewhat enticing, like a magnet that I couldn't take my eyes off. He chuckled softly, " You don't remember the first day you came here to buy a latte?" he chuckled again, I blinked a few times before nostalgia hitting me" Ohhh" I giggled. " Come on let's start your training" He walked away but before he did he winked, Thoughts and questions spiraled through my mind, Did he just...Wink at me? I followed reluctantly yet still not believe that moment.