Mixed Signals

Venus POV

I walked Upstairs with Lysander in front, My eyes trying not to look at his back as his shirt stuck to his back, exposing his back muscles. I everted my eyes once more as I focused on the stairs. Once we were upstairs he leads me to the till. The cafe was somewhat active, people here and there. "Alright, Venus, Introduce yourself to the customers coming over here." I looked over at the door and saw no one coming in, I turned to him and raised an eyebrow. He gestured to wait and then suddenly nudged my arm. I looked over once more and sure as he was, 2 customers came in. How did he know I questioned in my head.

"Hi hello, welcome, what could I get for you?" I said, Lysander chuckled slightly In response." We'll get 2 lattes please" The couple ordered as I replied, " Too go?" I questioned "Yes" I smiled in response as I turned around looking at all the coffees. I chuckled awkwardly as I looked at Lysander for help. He chuckled and said " Alright first get the cup," I took the cup and looked back again" Then look for the latte dispenser, It's to your left" He added as I swerved to my right and found the latte dispenser. I held down the lever and poured the coffee in the cup." Alright now stop and add milk."Once again I pulled the milk dispenser and the hot white substance poured into the cup. However, my mind went to a ... different place. I blushed slightly at the image in my head as I tried to focus." I swerved back around with 2 cups of latte as I handed them the cups" Here you go, that'll be £4.80 please" I said smiling slightly. I took the money and said goodbye. I put the money in the till as I felt warm hand slither around my waste"Well done Venus, That was a lot better than anyone I've ever trained." He said as a smile crossed his face. I giggled in response whilst my mind went into a haze due to the warmth surrounding my waist.

The shift was a lot longer than expected, the shop closed at 20:00 and it was currently 5 minutes to closing time. During my shift, I only needed help a few times, and Lysander was always willing to help me out, At times I would notice him watching over me as I tended to customers. It made me bubble up inside and made me blush slightly. 

" alright shifts are over, you are all free to go" The manager went back stairs after announcing we could leave. I finished cleaning the bar and grabbed my bag. I took off my apron and walked outside, the cold air caressed my face as I smelt burning and my view was corrupted by smoke. I looked over to my side as I saw Lysander leaning against the wall. He turned his head to the side and when he noticed me he stood upright taking the cigarette out. " Oh hi." He said I waved as I stood there with him for a while longer. After a few minutes, he finished the cigarette and stomped it off on the ground." So how did you like your workday?" He asked after motioning me to walk with him. I looked up at him as he was focused on the road ahead. I looked down before replying" It was much better than I expected" I smiled and looked up just to be met with those brown orbs again. He smiled softly" I'm happy to hear that"We continued walking for a while longer before he stopped in front of an apartment. " You're staying here I see" I looked up and noticed Aleks' apartment, Turning to him I nodded and we stood there for a minute or two. I wanted to kiss him, I wanted him but I was afraid. I mean he was... different today than usual. I wasn't sure what that meant but It was something. Just before I did anything the door opened which broke the silence and my train of thought. " Oh Venus, Lysander. Come in!" Aleks motioned for us to come in I walked in slowly before turning to a voice speaking out." I can't, I need to go. I'll see you around tho." And with that, he was off. I slightly looked down before entering the house. I told Aleks about everything, about my feelings towards him, what was different about him and how I wanted to do something but I couldn't. It fried my mind by the end of it so I decided it was lights off for me. I needed to sleep this over.

However just as I was falling asleep a thought came to mind. How did he know I was staying with Aleks.