twenty four

Instagram

bloominglikeApril: if you scratch her, I'll kill ya 👤:ShawnMendesLiked by Jack_in_a_box, MattCamick_ and 758,450 others

Liked by Jack_in_a_box, MattCamick_ and 758,450 others.
MattCamick_: how y'all gonna have children one day
ShawnMendes: Josiah said that to me once

third person, flashback (trying it out)

There isn't such a thing of a perfect lover; we are all flawed, but knowing those flaws and still loving with all your heart creates perfect love. And to Shawn and April, their perfect love radiates and inspires many.

April jolted awake to the sound of some thunder as lightning flashes and illuminates through the window that had a thin layer of curtain fabric drawn over it.

Shawn really had some house decorating to do but how could he? He is a rising artist who's just finished his first world tour, ironically titled Illuminate. Shawn is constantly traveling and never living home was something he was used to by now as he woke up in a new city with a new sunrise every day.., on the other hand, not so much for April, as she sits there trembling, staring out the window covered in raindrops.

April attempts to roll to the other side of the king sized bed but softly hits some skin.

Shawn's.

April's body relaxed, reassured of the fact he wasn't laid motionless in the dark alley, like he had been in her nightmare. April found herself in awe as the angry weather outside continued to provides striking flashes of light over Shawn's beautiful face for seconds at a time before the room plunges back into gloom again.

Even in the dim light, April could see Shawn and how his curls were sprawled out on the pillow, how his long eyelashes rested on the top of his cheeks and how his lips stayed parted, just a tiny bit as he would breathe graciously in and out.

Those damn kissable lips, April thought as her fingers curiously touched over the warm skin on his stomach that had been revealed by the fallen covers.

Her mind wondered back to what she had told him before they fell asleep. April's heart ached with the memories and now her angelic touch travelled lightly up his chest, trailing up his neck. April's fingertips ghosted over his lips before pushing back some of the curls from his forehead.

"The first time I met you it wasn't love at first sight, although it was really close." April's gold flecked green eyes shine, staring deeply, drowning in Shawn's chocolate pools as she said all of these genuine words to him on this windy Saturday night.

"My love for you formed gradually, Shawn. Your personality, your voice, your hair, your eyes and your humor. The way you looked away and smiled when we first met on that day repeats in the back of my brain like a vinyl stuck on a track. Gradually it all came clear to me. You were all I needed." April sniffles, wondering what Shawn was thinking about at this exact moment.

"Then why can't you just accept this? You're all I need. Don't let go. I know how deep this gets but come on, babe. You're my baby. You're my beauty and I know this is as terrible and I'm the beast but it's just my management. If I didn't have them I wouldn't have been able to write my songs about you." Shawn tries cheering up his insecure girlfriend.

"I know, I just don't want you to forget what we have and how strong we have it. This whole situation is perfectly wrong. You're in this perfectly wrong situation, battling your mind and your heart. You're an amazing writer with an incredible voice, take this inspiration and write a song about a relationship like this." April's words caused goosebumps to invade on Shawn's arms and he took his hand into hers and leaned in to kiss her cheek.

"One day I saw you and my heart kinda went 'it's her, it's always going to be her' , 'you finally found her,'." Shawn chuckles before closing up the space between them two with a deep kiss.

A kiss April can never miss.

"Shit," April's thoughts were abruptly interrupted when Shawn shot up, the loud weather yanking him from sleep. His hands instantly finding his girl's, pulling her to his lap as he breathed heavily.

"Shawn, it's just thunder." April whispered, attempting to calm him down.

His arms protectively wrapped round April's body. Her fingers moved in soothing circles across his bare skin as she gradually felt his muscles relax. "You'll be the light who breaks me dark," he softly says, digging his head into her collar bone. The warm touch he posses leaves April speechless as his skin is pressed against hers. "Song lyrics?" She manages to say, feeling her cheeks heat up.

And it's the middle of the night, in a thunderstorm and Shawn over here has me blushing like a fool. April says to herself as Shawn giggles and pulls his girlfriend closer.

"Writing songs about you is all I️ wanna do." Shawn's warm raspy voice fans April's neck and she️ blushes.

The hardships April has surpassed and the thousands of invading thoughts and regrets Shawn's mind manipulates about his past further proves that these two were imperfectly perfect for one another.

"Ahhhh," the couple yelled, jumping on top of each other as another crash of thunder scared them. After the lightning hit seconds later they both saw each other and started laughing.

"We're a handful," April says, digging her head into Shawn's chest as they both went to lay down again. "A beautiful mess." Shawn kisses the top of April's head before they both close their eyes and go back to rest.

A/N.. hey guys it's Nicole! It's honestly crazy how many people are starting to read my stories.. omggg I couldn't thank everyone enough for voting and commenting and stuff it's so amazing. If you haven't y'all should read my other stories, Happier and the crack fanfic 💓💓 hope guys are doing good, don't forget to vote!