~19~

Matt's POV

"Taco Bell?" We were trying to choose where to eat.

"There is one close by. Anyone detest?" Nash said. No one spoke. "TACOBELL IT IS!" he said almost too loudly. We didn't want fans to find us. It's fine if a couple fans end up seeing us but if we get hoarded, then no one eats. I was starving!

I kept running what Hazel had said through my brain. Believe me, I've tried. Was it because of the beatings? Was it something she hadn't told us? I was sure that Jack G knew. He was so protective for her. It was sweet.

We went out the back exit and entered our limo. It was really crowded with everyone inside together.

Once we got to Taco Bell Hayes ran out of the limo. He was always hungry. The rest of us followed and Hayes was already at a table devouring a burrito.

"That's my roommate," Hazel sighed.

"I'm not all bad!" Hayes said, defensively.

"Sure." She rolled her eyes. She did that a lot.

We all got in line and ordered. We finally were given our food and sat down at a big round table. It was Nash, Taylor, Me, Cam, Jack, JJ, Aaron, Mahogany, Jacob, Carter, Shawn, Sam, Hazel, and Hayes.

"So, first Magcon! How was it so far?" Nash asked, smiling at Hazel. She gave me a look and then looked at Jack.

"It's been good." She smiled but I knew it was fake. With her social anxiety I knew that Magcon, and getting haters in general, would be harder than usual. But I believe in her. She is strong. She just doesn't get it yet.

"One word. Awesome!" Sam said smiling big. I saw him with LOTS of girls that day. I was sure he was gonna have a great time at Magcon. I wish I could be as sure for Hazel.

Sam's POV

I looked over at Hazel. She was picking at her food, not eating. I saw her run out earlier and she hadn't told anyone why except Jack. Jack. They were so close, it hurt. Were they more than friends?

No. He is protective, like a brother. Right?

We all finished and went back. In the limo I sat next to Hazel. She smiled at me but it quickly faded. She knew I could see through it. I knew something was wrong.

"I need to talk to you when we get there." I nodded and she laid her head on my shoulder. I didn't try to stop her. It was nice to have her trust me enough. Maybe she did like me.......