The final chapter

~~~~~~~~10 Months Later~~~~~~~

Sam's POV

I walked up to the podium shakily with a piece of paper crumpled up in my hand. My face was red and sticky from the tears. I looked over to the rest of Magcon, who were also crying. I looked at her family. Her poor mother.

"None of us could have expected this to happen. Hazel was an amazing person. I will always love her. We all will remember her as the sweet, funny, beautiful girl we were all friends with. To think of any harm that I've ever caused in the past-" I paused.

How could I let this happen to her? It's my fault she's dead.

I started crying harder and went down to take my seat in between Jack G and Shawn.

Hayes' POV

"We can't all keep blaming ourselves. There wouldn't have been a way to stop it."

"But I wish I could have! What am I supposed to do now?" He put his head in his hands. Just then, our phones started vibrating like crazy. The news about Hazel just hit twitter. Everyone was asking if we were okay and if it was real.

@mendeslifeee

This can't be real?!?!?

@mattssidebitch

Praying for you guys! RIP Hazel Rose Marone. We all love you!

@gilinskyisbae

RIP Hazel! We all loved you. I'm crying real live tears and I can't make them stop!

@wishiwerewithhayes

The boys need all of our support now! RIP to the beautiful Hazel Marone.

Sam was scrolling through the tweets. We were starting to smile a bit. The fans all were coming through, like always. But we stopped smiling soon...

@whatisvine

She was annoying

"What the fuck?" Jack screamed. "She's fucking dead and they are still doing this? Heartless!"

@sammywilk

Thank you to all of the amazing people sending their condolences. It will be hard for us all to get through this and your help is appreciated.

@jackgilinsky

Hazel will be missed and loved forever more

@JackJackJohnson

RIP to my sister Hazel Rose Marone. See ya later

@ConnorFranta

I lost a great friend a couple days ago. Such a beautiful service. RIP Haz