Ch. 21 Love and War

A/N: I have nothing to say except don't cry too much ;_;

You woke up the next morning before the sun had even risen to Mandalay turning on the light. "RISE AND SHINE KIDS!" Followed by a collective groaning from all the girls, including you. 

You got up and went to the bathhouse to get dressed with the other girls, your movements slow. For one because you were tired, but for two because you couldn't stop thinking about how you wanted to tell Katsuki how you felt. The previous nights events made you shiver, in a good way, and lit your cheeks with a light pink color, until you remembered your dad had promised to punish you, which caused a shiver that spread dread throughout your body.

Turns out, everyone was being punished. You trained your quirk by forming big shields, enough to hold 2 or 3 people, and holding it for as long as you could. You were allowed to take 'breaks' by forming energy balls and destroying as much of a nearby rock cliff as you could, and then you would repeat the process, trying to make your shield bigger and last longer and stretch out your energy. You were exhausted, but you had to admit you felt proud of yourself for it, as the difference in your strength from the beginning was striking. You decided to work on your other quirk for a little while and convinced Kirishima to spar with you so you could both practice your quirks and make them stretch out a little longer.

After doing this for what seemed like years, you all headed out to make yourselves dinner and you decided to make it your mission to try and tell Katsuki how you felt. 

"Katsuki!" You jumped up to hug him as soon as you found his spiky hair in the crowd of the other kids. "I haven't seen you all morning." You muttered and he lightly hugged you back "It hasn't been that damn long! Get off me I'm hungry." He muttered, gently pushing you away from him, but taking your hand to compensate for it. "Okaay, I have something I wanna talk about though as soon as you can!" 

He scowls down at you "Yeah yeah, we can talk later alright? We both gotta eat. I'm sure their gonna work our asses even harder after today." He led you over to the grill, beginning to attempt to light the fire with his explosions impatiently as you walked over to the counter and began cutting meat. "Bakugo... you can't light a fire with an explosion like that. Just let Todoro-" Sero started "JUST WATCH ME DAMMIT THERE AIN'T NOTHIN' HE CAN DO THAT I CAN'T!" Bakugo quickly cuts him off and you laugh.

Finally, you had all finished cooking and everybody sat down to eat. 

"So what the fuck didja wanna shtalk shbout?" Katsuki says, shoving food in his mouth.

"Oh you know...maybe it would be better...when we're not eating with everyone and your mouth isn't full." You nod, feeling too embarassed to say it in front of the others. Katsuki mutters out a barely audible "whatever" through his mouth full of food and you both devour every last bite.

"Alriiiight everyone!" Mandalay exclaims after you all finish eating. "Time fooooor the test of courage!" You knit your eyebrows thoughtfully, wondering what kind of test it would be. Written? Physical? Too many options, and what would the questions be like?

"The fuck are ya making that face for? You don't know what the test of courage is?"

You shake your head, pouting a little bit. "You gotta walk all the way through without gettin' so scared you leave, that's how you lose. Just listen."

The Wild Wild Pussycat's explain how it's all gonna work, and you wait as everyone else draws lots. "Welp Aizawa! Looks like you're on your own! You get to be super manly!" Kirishima gives you the thumbs up as a cloud of doom seeps to appear over your head. You feel a familiar hand ruffle your hair. "You'll be fine, I'm goin' ahead of ya anyway, I swear if there's anything too bad I'll come back for you. I don't wanna be stuck with that damn Icyhot anyway."