Home Is With You Part 2 (Emerson Barrett)

Where we left off last chapter...

I walk on the concrete sidewalk, rain pouring down onto my unbrella as heavily as my heart was beating. It had been 8 months, 8 months since I last saw Emerson...

We continue...

I dressed myself up. Made myself look presentable, and, well not as lonely as I actually was. The wind blew as the rain just kept pooring down.

I just really hoped he still lived in the same apartment I had once lived in with him. I had made sure to do my makeup, curl my hair, and put on some of my nicest and well, hottest clothes I had. So many things were running through my mind at that moment,

What if he's moved on?

What if he's got a girlfriend?

What if she's way prettier than me!?

God I hate this! But I couldn't give up now. Not after all this effort.

I got closer and closer to the the apartment building before reaching the front doors. I shake off my unbrella and put it away as I walked in, seeing that the main lobby hadn't changed much. There was even the same main desk lady that recognized me in a instant. The older woman smiles at me and stands,

"Is that you Y/N?" She asks and I nod, smiling the best I could. "What are you doing here? I thought you and Emerson broke up?" She asks and I nod once more. "I- well I guess- I think..... Ughh, I want to see him." I end up just spiting out and the kind woman looks at me. "Go ahead dear." I smile once again, "Thanks a lot." She nods and wishes me good luck as I head towards the elevator.

At least I know he still lives here. I say to myself as I press the 5th button. The elvator starts going up and I breath slowly, trying to calm myself. "You can do this Y/N... You can do this..." The elevator stops and the doors open. I step out slowly and start to walk, counting the doors and looking at each one. I step up to the one I was so familiar with, the number 2 of 625 still crooked from the one time when Emmy and I got back from a club and he drunkenly ran into the door. I chuckle softly before holding up my fist, breathing in and out before knocking. I knock three times before dropping my arms to my sides and waiting. I could hear some distant music playing from inside as I hear some shuffling from inside.

I hear the lock being unlocked and the door opens to a tired and shirtless Emerson. The sound of Arctic Monkey's R U Mine fills my ears from the inside of the apartment as I brace myself. I look up at his face as he looks at me as well, mouth hanging open and eye's wide. He looks me up and down before making eye contact with me again and blinking a few times. "Why... How?" He asks and I sigh. "

"I came to say I'm sorry." I say and he gives me a puzzled, but still flabbergasted look. The music was still blaring.

I go crazy 'cause here isn't where I wanna be...

I sigh and start again, "Honestly it was stupid of me to think that you were cheating on me. It was rude and I must have sounded crazy when I called you out on it but.... I just was so lonely when you weren't there. And I really wanted to to be there and you weren't..."

And satisfaction feels like a distant memory...

"So I made a really big right turn and thought that you were cheating in me. It was out there but it was the only think I could think of at the time. I was stupid and over dramtic and I should have just bit my tongue but you seem so different and I didn't know what to do anymore!

And I can't help myself...
All I...

And now I can't get you out of my head Em! For gods sake these past few months have been killing me from the inside out and I just can't take you not being with me anymore. I wake up and first thing I do is miss you and want you there and I just don't wanna deal with thi--"

Wanna hear her say is are you mine?

My mind stops as I feel a pair of lips on mine. He's holding my shoulders as he softly shakes, letting me know he was already crying. He leads me inside, not stopling even as he shuts the door. He pulls away for air and I breath in, "I'm so glad you feel the same way I do." He says softly and I look up at him, smiling softly.

"Really?" I ask and he smiles even wider, "Of course! I've been an absolute wreck without you!" He yells and hugs me so tight I think I might explode. He looks down at me once again and I lean up, kissing him once more.

Things lead to another, you know the drill, and we end up cuddling on his bed. "Y/N?" Emmy says into my ear softly. I glace up at him, "Yeah?" I ask and he smiles sweetly. "Don't ever leave me again..." He says sadly and I reach up, kissing him softly. I pull away,

"My home is with you..."

I'M NOT CRYING YOU'RE CRYING.
I've always liked those cheesy romance films where they meet again somehow or find eachother and fall in love all over again. I felt the song was a good touch and also Arctic Monkey's songs are jams.👌 I really hope you liked this one I spent a lot of time on it! Love you all ❤❤❤- Izzy