Cold (Emerson Barett)

Recommendation by: olivia_278
This one's really cute so hope you all like it! It's a little short, but the fluff is real     😂❤

"Holy shit it's cold out here!" I say, turning to look at Emerson as he zips up his jacket. "I told you that you should've brought a jacket." He smirks, crossing his arms.

I shrug, "It's fine, I'm a big girl! We just gotta walk home, not like it's that far." Putting my hands on my hips, I give him a confident smile. He just laughs, shaking his head and putting his arm around my shoulders as we start to walk. I blush, walking with him.

Emerson and I were best friends since diapers, and ever since we started dating I've never been able to get over how adorable he was. His hair, his eyes, how he would hold my hand; all of it was... Cute!

We made it about half way to my house before I start to hug myself to stay warm. "Thank you for taking me out to dinner, it was soooo good." I smile, trying to not think about how cold I was. He smiles back, kissing my temple. "I'm glad you liked it, you always talk about how much you love that restaurant." He tells me.

The small talk continues for a while, before my teeth start to chatter. I try to hide it, but as I feel Emerson take his arm off me I knew I was caught. I hear him unzip his jacket and I turn to him quickly.

"No Em it's okay-" he cuts me off with a kiss, taking off his jacket. I smile softly, kissing back as I feel him slide the jacket onto my arms. He pulls away, smiling and zipping it up all the way, "You're welcome." He kisses my forehead before grabbing my hand and starting to walk with me again.

Heat rises to my cheeks as I feel my body start to un-thaw. I look up at Emerson, biting my lip. "I love you." I whisper. He laughs lightly, smiling. "I love you too."