Chapter Twenty [Alexander]

... I have no words. That's right, you heard me. I, Alexander Hamilton. Have no words. Nothing to say here.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled out. Thomas and I had both been in the dorm. Both the silence and the tension had finally got to me, so I decided to speak. Thomas was under his bed, playing a little his sleeves. I'd been on top of mine, glancing at the ceiling.

"For what?" Thomas asked. "It's my fault really. You hate me, right?"

"No, why?" I looked over at Thomas, sitting up and at the edge of the mattress. "I thought you hated me."

"Erm, sounds like there's a possible misunderstanding here." Thomas stated. "So we're cool? You didn't really want to talk with me earlier."

"Yeah." I sighed. "That's usually how I handle things. I guess it isn't very effective."

"I'm glad we're okay, then." Thomas smiled, but I couldn't help notice something off about his expression.

"What's wrong?"

"Songbook is missing." Thomas shook his head. "I really need to find it."

"Really?" I hummed, folding my legs. "I can try helping you."

"Where would it be? If you couldn't tell, I'm pretty organized. I usually know where my things are." Thomas explained. 

"Well, it still has to be somewhere regardless." I nodded, getting up to look behind my bed. "It's not over here."

Thomas let out a chuckle, before nodding. "Let's have a look around, then."

We looked around the dorm itself for a short while, and as I actually expected, the book was nowhere to be found. After a few hours or so of looking around, I decided that it'd probably be best to head out to his friend's dorm. 

"It's not here either?" Thomas frowned over at Aaron, leaning against the wall. 

"Nope." Aaron sighed. "Where were you with it last?" He asked, tilting his head. 

"I don't know, the cafeteria?" Thomas' eyes widened, as he swung open the door. "It's in the cafe. I left it in the damn cafeteria. What if someone steals it?" He mumbled.  "What if they read it?"

"In that case, I'd suggest you go and look for it now." James shrugged. "The time you're taking to talk about it could be when it goes missing."

Thomas waited for me to walk out of the room first before he did. "See you guys in a second."

-=+=-

Throughout our walk from the dorm to the cafeteria, I couldn't help but overhear a few clicking noises. Snaps, almost. It made me slightly uncomfortable that my own imagination had been trying to deceive me. 

The cafeteria had been hauntingly empty, probably because of the time of day. Not a single sound was heard rather than our very own footsteps. Thomas walked up to his table.

Low and behold, the songbook itself looked to be fully intact.

"Happy?" I asked, stuffing my hands in my pocket.

"No, No. This looks messed with. I had a piece of paper that I stuck inside of it earlier. It's not here." Thomas mumbled, rubbing his chin as he glanced down at it. Thomas reluctantly picked it up, before flipping through each of the pages.

Another snap was heard, followed by another noise that I couldn't quite make out. I didn't want to bother Thomas about it until he had his book sorted out.

Thomas flipped it to its final page. He stayed on that one longer than the rest of them, before glancing up at me and back down at it. "There's a note here  saying to check my phone." 

I couldn't read Thomas' expression, but he stayed still, looking down at the page.

"Erm, so are you going to check your phone? I can check it for you if you'd like me to." I asked him.

Thomas hadn't shifted. He hadn't moved, until finally yucking his phone over to me. 

I took it, before powering it on. The lock screen had a completely black backdrop with a few white lines, forming the initials 'T.J'

'Twenty Unread Messages'

"What's your password?" I made an effort of swiping past the screen myself, but I had no luck.

"Eight, Nine, One, Seven." Thomas answered.

"Alright, thank you." I nodded, quickly typing in the digits and opening his messenger app. 

Chat: Anonymous 

Unknown: I found your book, and I really think you should start eating less. I noticed the numbers in your calorie margin decrease, then increase over the past few days.

Unknown: You wouldn't want to get fat, right? At least, that's what I read. 

Unknown: Anyways, by the time you're reading this message. You're probably extremely confused on my actual identity. You'll find that out if you meet me in the library in the next three days.

Unknown: Why take such an offer, you may ask? I read through your book, and I made sure to snap a few pictures as well. If you don't want your information to be leaked, I suggest you text back as soon as you can to confirm to me if you're available or not.

Unknown [x15]: *Image Attached*

Unknown: See you soon! :D

My eyes widened at the sight of the messages. "Thomas, I think you need to read this." 

"What's it say?" He inquired, glancing down at me. 

"A lot. It says a lot. I don't know who it is, but they sound serious. I really think you should report this." I nodded, showing his phone to him.

Thomas mumbled something incomprehensible under his breath, before shaking his head. His face went completely pale. "I don't this I can report this really, because that person has my information, and I don't know who to point to."

"Well, we have to do something about this. You can't meet up with that person, because that could be dangerous." I shook my head.

"Correction. I have to do something about this. I don't want you getting involved." Thomas sighed, swiping his finger across the screen as he scrolled through the chat. 

"Why is that?" I raised an eyebrow, folding his arms.

"Because if it's dangerous like you said, I cannot have someone else getting hurt on my behalf. I'm honestly not worth it." Thomas stuck his book under his shoulder.

End of Chapter Twenty.