Two

[song recommendation: Red Velvet – Body Talk]

⠀⠀With an aching stomach and burning sensation in his throat, Jungkook fluttered his eyes open and looked around the hospital room he was in. He was confused and felt like utter shít to put things into perspective. While looking around, he made eye contact with Jimin, the older's eyes displaying his relief.

⠀⠀"Oh, my God! Kookie, you're awake!" he stammered out, running over to his best friend (but not before almost tripping over his own feet). Jimin wrapped his arms over Jungkook into an embrace and further explained his worry. "You had me and your parents worried sick all night!"

⠀⠀Easing himself out of Jimin's embrace, Jungkook rubbed the crust out of his eyes and rasped out multiple questions. "My parents? Where are they? Why am I in a hospital? Jimin, what happened?"

⠀⠀Jimin gave the younger a pat on the back. "Easy there. One question at a time." Jungkook looked at Jimin with anticipation in his doe eyes. A sigh left Jimin's lips before he explained, "Well, I guess you had too much to drink at Taehyung's party and you got alcohol poisoning--"

⠀⠀"Alcohol poisoning?!" Jungkook repeated, interrupting Jimin in the process. His heart now in his stomach, Jungkook's mind began to think of the possible consequences of his actions and the anxiety flowed through his veins. Honestly, he wanted to cry, but he was too anxious and needed more clarity from Jimin. He looked at the older with those doe eyes again, croaking out, "Sorry... Continue please."

⠀⠀Jimin could sense Jungkook's anxiety, the way he started playing with his fingers making it so obvious. He rubbed the nape of his neck to soothe him and continued, "Basically, Taehyung and the rest panicked and called 911. You were sent to the emergency room and had to get your stomach pumped." Jungkook winced at the thought of that. "I rushed to the hospital as soon as I could when I received the call from Yoongi and sat in the waiting room with your parents for hours. They couldn't stay all night due to having work in the morning, but when you talk to them... Whew! I'm praying for you... They were pissed."

⠀⠀"I fúcking bet they were pissed..." whispered out Jungkook while shaking his head. "Why was I so stupid and careless?! I should have never played that stupid drinking game in the first place." Rubbing the temple of his forehead, Jungkook asked, "What happened to Taehyung? Giving alcohol to a minor is illegal and all..."

⠀⠀"As far as I know, he was let off the hook," answered Jimin, relief taking over Jungkook. "I guess having rich parents with connections has its benefits, huh?"

⠀⠀With that quip, Jimin gathered his things to go notify the nurse of Jungkook waking up, but not before adding one last thing. "You know, Kookie, maybe it's just a case of reading too much into things... But while in the waiting room, I was on the phone with Yoongi letting them know how you were doing and Yoongi had the phone on speaker. Surprisingly, Taehyung sounded the most concerned about you."

⠀⠀A pink blush crept onto Jungkook's face; Taehyung's concern was confusing because he was a total dick to Jungkook at the party. With that, Jimin left him to ponder about these mixed signals.

~ ~

⠀⠀After checking out of the hospital and picking up a prescription from the pharmacy, Jimin took Jungkook straight home to hopefully get some proper rest. Jimin even offered to help take care of Jungkook for the day, but he turned down the older's offer as he hated feeling like a burden to others. Now back in the comfort of his apartment, Jungkook changed into some sweats and wallowed in his bed, too scared to call his parents.

⠀⠀What truly was eating him alive was his actions almost getting Taehyung and the others in trouble. He really fúcked up and couldn't just stay silent about it. Grabbing his phone, Jungkook scrolled through Facebook (something he hadn't done in a long time) as he had no other way to get ahold of Taehyung. Luckily, they were still friends on the site, but then again, he still had people from, like, middle school on there as friends that he barely remembered.