Seven

[song recommendation: LOONA - D-1]

⠀⠀Usually, Jungkook's heart would sink to his stomach, but this time it sunk all the way to his ass. Seeing Jimin on his doorsteps had the younger stopping in his tracks and gulping. "H-Hey, Ji—"

⠀⠀" 'Going to dinner with my parents' my ass! Where the hell were you?!" Jimin usually didn't get this heated, but the boy hated being lied to; especially by someone he considered his best friend. Before Jungkook could explain himself, Jimin continued his tangent. "Actually, don't answer that for me! You might just tell another lie!"

⠀⠀The shorter boy sprung to his feet and walked up to Jungkook so they were now face-to-face. "I spent hours making you this cake and called your parents to ask what time your dinner ends so I could surprise you and-"

⠀⠀Jimin's demeanor did a total 180 when he saw Jungkook's red eyes and wet cheeks. Now Jimin went from wanting to chop off Jungkook's head to wanting to kill whoever made his best friend cry. "Baby, why were you crying?" he asked as he rubbed the birthday boy's cheek.

⠀⠀Jungkook brushed Jimin's hand away and said dismissively, "Oh, it's nothing." He looked at Jimin with those infamous doe eyes of his and pouty lips. "Jimin, I-I'm sorry that I lied to you. I thought homework wasn't good enough of an excuse, so I figured a little lie wouldn't hurt..."

⠀⠀A sigh was exhaled by Jimin as he could tell how embarrassed Jungkook was. "Kookie, I'm a student too and I get it-you could have just told the truth and I would have understood." The older furrowed his eyebrows and continued (he wasn't gonna let Jungkook off the hook that easy). "But if you were busy doing homework, why weren't you home?"

⠀⠀While Jungkook wished he could tell Jimin everything, he didn't want Jimin getting involved in this mess of a situation. The last thing he needed was Jimin walking his ass to Taehyung's house and getting in a fist fight with him or something. "Well, I had a math project to do and I was partnered with Taehyung- so I, uh, went over to his house to work on it."

⠀⠀"That's it?" the older asked while giving Jungkook a 'really, bitch?' look. "You had to lie about that of all things- Wait, did you go over to his house to fuc—"

⠀⠀Before Jimin could finish his inquiry, Jungkook slapped him against the arm. "No! What kind of person do you think I am?!" Jungkook interjected with obvious offense taken. "I mean, I know I'm a cam boy or whatever now, but I'm not some desperate hoe!"

⠀⠀Jimin rubbed at his now-red arm and shot back, "Calm down, virgin Mary! I was just asking- sheesh!"

⠀⠀Always one for juicy gossip, Jimin smirked and asked, "So, how was it? I know something had to have happened! Taehyung is hot!"

⠀⠀The younger raised his hand and threatened the to smack the older once again. "For the last time: nothing happened! We literally just did math for a few hours. If anything, it was awkward... He acts like we're basically strangers now." Honestly, Jungkook wish what he was telling Jimin was one-hundred percent true-it would've been better than what actually went down.

⠀⠀"Boring!" whined out Jimin, turning on his heel to face Jungkook's apartment. "Enough of this. Let's go into your place and eat this damn cake already." Jimin reached for Jungkook's hand and the younger smiled in return, and gladly let Jimin lead him.

⠀⠀As Jungkook was shoving his key into the door to unlock it, Jimin continued his babbling. "Hell, maybe I'll be petty and make you watch me eat the entire cake myself. Oh, and you're lucky you got here just in time too. I was just about to call it a night and shit in your cake and leave it at your doorstep."