Twenty-Six

[song recommendation: BTS – Whalien 52]

⠀⠀Taehyung glanced at his reflection in the bathroom mirror as he washed his hands, a smile creeping up on his face. He couldn't help but think about how lucky he was—having a boyfriend like Jungkook. What seemed like wishful thinking in high school had become his reality.

⠀⠀Drying off his hands, Taehyung exited the bathroom and turned the corner, letting out smugly, "Hey, Kook, so I was thinking later we could try out this one position where you—"

⠀⠀The older stopped in his tracks as he saw a distressed Jungkook in front him, eyes watery and red, and nose sniffling. "Baby, what's wrong?" Taehyung asked in concern, walking up to Jungkook to cup his cheek.

⠀⠀"D-Don't- don't touch me!" Jungkook snapped, shuffling backwards in fear.

⠀⠀Confused, Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows. "Wha- Jungkook, why are you—"

⠀⠀"What the fuck is this, huh?!" Jungkook demanded, voice scratchy and frail, while holding Taehyung's phone in front of him.

⠀⠀Reading the notification displayed on his own phone, Taehyung's eyes widened and his mouth gaped like a dead fish. He could feel a knot building up in his throat, almost blocking his words. He had finally been exposed, and he had absolutely no idea how he was going to talk himself out of this.

⠀⠀The taller boy stepped forward, reaching for Jungkook's hips to calm him, and gasped, "Jungkook, I-I can explain—"

⠀⠀The shorter boy smacked Taehyung's larger hands away, a combination of fear and anger in his bambi eyes, and snarled, "I said don't touch me!" Jungkook stopped as he backed into the wall of his dining room, more tears threatening to spill from his eyes. "S-So you're this DaddyV guy, right?!"

⠀⠀"Hey- Hey- calm down, Kookie. Just give me a chance to explain myself, okay?" Taehyung said softly. The older let out a sigh and gathered his thoughts.

⠀⠀With his heart in his throat, Taehyung explained, "A few days before that party I threw, I made an account on tapedtwinks. It wasn't for anything all that special, just was tired of porn and thought I'd try something different. Then I stumbled upon your show, a-and, uh, recorded it for the whole b-blackmail thing..."

⠀⠀The look in Jungkook's eyes evoked betrayal, the boy biting the inside of his cheek as he continued staring at Taehyung like he was scared of him. "After all that, I kept using the account because- because I liked talking to you," Taehyung murmured, rubbing his forehead in embarrassment.

⠀⠀"I-I know it looks bad, alright? But I didn't know how to tell you..." Taehyung's voice cracked as he continued, "I'm sorry- sorry for everything, Jungkook. I've done nothing but bring stress to your life and burden you ever since we met again that one night."

⠀⠀"I-I—" Jungkook rubbed at his eyes and croaked out, "I just don't understand. Like, y-you'd treat me like sh-shit in person, t-then act like a completely different p-person on that account. Tae-Taehyung, are you not aware how fucking creepy that seems?"

⠀⠀Taehyung gulped. The way Jungkook looked afraid of him made his heart wrench and stomach churn. "I guess part of me felt bad for the way I was treating you at the time. It was like an escape to talk to you still, and cheer you up with the tips and stuff. We weren't close anymore, and-d I..." Taehyung felt his lip quiver as he stood there, ashamed and ridden with guilt.

⠀⠀"I understand it looks weird and fake of me, b-but I can't really explain it." Taehyung stumbled forward a bit, his face grim and his eyes narrowing to prevent his tears.

⠀⠀"I don't even know what to s-say," Jungkook choked out, his voice thickening as he was on the brink of bawling.

⠀⠀ "I regret it all, Jungkook, alright? If I could go back and change everything- I-I would. I wouldn't have been so c-cold towards you at that party and wouldn't have let you drink to the point of alcohol p-poisoning. You'd still have your scholarship and wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. I-I'm so fucking sorry, baby."