Spirits and Loses (Part 1)

Just as a quick warning! 'Spirits and Loses' is an AU I made up with my insane imagination. There's a lot of things mixed in and I know it might not make sense, so sorry. But this is just the result of a super crazy imagination. Just thought I'd put it out there! If you really don't like, just don't read it. Seriously, I'm nervous about putting this up since this is such an out there AU.
—————————————————————

A little information on how the spirits work:

This part plays a big roll in this one shot. In one of my own little Miraculous Ladybug AUs, Marinette's family is mostly dead.

(I'm cruel, I know.)

And her spiritual family members are split among two sides. The evil spirits and the good spirits.

(I'm unoriginal.).

The good spirits help Marinette in her toughest times, or are around for fun; they are the family members that Marinette had good relationships with.

The evil spirits cause chaos and were the ones that were hated by basically everyone else.

Makes sense?

Good. Let's get on with the one-shot story then (which isn't really a one-shot as there are multiple parts..)

——————————

After 5 years, and a lot of tough times, this is where Paris stands superhero-wise.

Evil spirits took Chat Noir/Adrien's miraculous and sent Chat Noir/Adrien to an unknown place. The citizens do not know this, they just think they randomly disappeared.

Ladybug/Marinette had defeated Hawkmoth on her own shortly after, then realized why he surrendered. Hawkmoth was Gabriel Agreste.

Her earrings were taken by the evil spirits sometime, months later, in her sleep.

Marinette has now turned to the butterfly miraculous herself, and has become 'Mariposa'. A heroine that would help the homeless and other charities.

She is currently walking on rooftops in the spring night as Mariposa, silently reminding herself of the memories.

Her heels made quiet noises with every step she took, the only sound heard in the silence of the night except for the nightly breeze.

The memories that her mind brought up made her start to cry; heartbroken tears quickly rolled down her pale cheeks.

The patrols with Chat Noir.

The bonding times they had when Hawkmoth was keeping low and quiet.

But ever since Hawkmoth was defeated and the earrings had been taken, she decided to help redeem the moth miraculous by helping out the city. Donating to charities and giving up her time for free. It made her feel a warmth in her heart, but not enough to replace the metaphorical hole in her heart.

It was only when the evil spirits took him away was when she realized that Adrien and Chat Noir were the same person, and it pained her that she realized this so late.

Nonetheless, she pushed on. Pushing through day to day life with small steps, baby steps, barely moving but she was moving. She had to fake a smile to everyone as they don't know the full impact this had on her. She began metaphorically breaking down mentally and emotionally, and she was somehow desperately determined to make sure that list didn't include physically.

It was tough.

She had considered therapy about a year in, but didn't actually pull through with starting it until about two years later with a lot of pushing from Nooroo. It helped a little bit, but she still felt as she was at a standstill in life.

She had finished high school a little over three years ago, started university the spring after, became a designer for the Agreste fashion brand a few weeks later, then started therapy in the summer; the year after finishing high school was certainly eventful.

Things definitely have died down since then. Life seemed more at peace, but slowed down so much that it became at this standstill point. It was almost frustrating to Marinette and really pained her to think about it.

Will things ever be the same again?