Chinese New Year - Spending it with Friends

In this one-shot, the big reveal between the five superheroes has happened which is why (slight spoiler) Chloe is nice.

———————————————————————

"Woah! Dudette, you were almost late!"

Nino was sitting in his normal spot like usual with Alya beside him as Marinette rushed into homeroom just a few short moments before the late bell.

"Sorry," Marinette panted, making her way to her seat and slumping down into it. "I've been a little busy all of a sudden."

"Busy sleeping?" Alya joked, her eyebrows raised.

Marinette laughed a little but shook her head. "For once, no. My family has been planning for something that's coming up."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, Chinese New Year is right around the corner and since my mom's side is Chinese, we always celebrate it. I have family coming over for that too; it'll be fun."

"But Chinese New Year is on a Tuesday this year; are you still coming to school?" Adrien asked.

"Yeah, I am. Most Chinese New Year activities that my family does traditionally are done in the evening, but it's also so that I can still come to school," Marinette explained. "I'll warn you though, I will be wearing more traditional Chinese patterns that day."

"I've always wondered when you'll wear traditional Chinese patterns," Adrien stated. "You don't need to be ashamed or embarrassed about your heritage."

Marinette smiled and the bell rang before she or anyone else could say anything more. They grabbed their books and supplies they needed before turning their attention towards Mlle. Bustier.

———

"Marinette? Could you go get some paper from the art room? We'll need some for our next Language Arts project."

Marinette smiled. "Of course, Mlle. Bustier," she said before standing up and making her way out of the classroom to do what she was asked to.

"I overheard you three," Mlle. Bustier gestured to Alya, Nino and Adrien. "Talking with Marinette about Chinese New Year. I was thinking that we, as a class, should celebrate it with her as well."

"I was thinking that too!" Rose exclaimed from her spot beside Juleka, who nodded silently in agreement. "But we should keep it a surprise!"

Max nodded as well. "I agree. I mean, we always do a little something for holidays, why not do something for Chinese New Year."

Soon enough, the rest of the class had little discussions of agreement on the idea. Mlle. Bustier gestured for them to quiet down after a few moments. "Okay, okay. I'm glad everyone agrees on the idea, but I like Rose's idea of keeping it as a surprise, alright? Up until a few days before Chinese New Year, I'll secretly ask you all for ideas so I can come up with something and I can give you all a more detailed plan when the day come closer, okay?"

Practically everyone nodded and just then, Marinette came back with a stack of papers, placing them on Mlle. Bustier's front desk.

"Thank you Marinette," Mlle. Bustier smiled as Marinette sat down in her seat before resuming her lesson.

•The day before Chinese New Year•

"Marinette?"

"Yes, Mlle. Bustier?"

"Can you take this cart of books back to the library? Now that we are done our novel study, we won't be needing them here anymore."