Overworking

"Adrien?"

Marinette stood in the open doorway to her husband's, Adrien's, home office. It was his place to finish up any work he didn't quite get finished, a place to reply to any emails he didn't get to at work, or a place to get a little head start on a project. Though lately, he had been using it a lot more.

Too much more.

So much that Marinette was starting to get really worried that something was wrong with him. He never told her anything about why he needed to be in there all the time and wasn't getting enough sleep. The only times he came out of his office was to head to the bathroom or to get something to eat. The times that he was to come to bed were getting later too; just last night, he came to bed at almost one in the early, early morning! This not only worried Marinette but frustrated her a bit.

"Adrien!"

Adrien flinched, lifting his head so he could turn and look at her. "Yes?"

"Come to beeeeeeeeeed," Marinette whined, crossing her arms in front of herself. "It's almost midnight.."

"In a few more minutes, babe, I have a few more emails to reply to."

Marinette pouted like a little child. "That's what you always say..." she whined.

Adrien sighed and shook his head as he turned back to his computer. "Not always."

"So you admit that you make excuses like that?"

Adrien turned towards Marinette again, seeing that one of her eyebrows was raised and her arms were crossed in front of herself as she gave him a look. "Mari..."

Marinette shook her head. "Fine," she whispered. "Keep working, I'll head to bed." She turned on her heel and headed to their bedroom.

Adrien frowned and watched her walk away before furrowing his brows a little. He slowly turned back to his computer and replied to the emails quicker than normal, feeling guilty for being so buried in his work.

———

Adrien finished up about ten minutes later, constantly telling himself to not doing anything else after he finished replying to emails. He promptly shut off his computer afterwards and got up, stretching a little since he felt stiff and made his way to the bedroom. He gently and carefully opened and shut the door behind himself and, since him being Chat Noir for years enhanced it, saw that Marinette was curled up in a ball with his night vision. There was a blanket draped over her and she was laying very close to the edge of the bed.

Adrien frowned a little and quickly changed into pyjamas before getting in bed on his side, and resting his forehead against the back of her neck. He didn't want to push any boundaries since he hadn't really been the best lately so he just made sure his presence was clear.

Unknown to him, Marinette had blinked open her eyes when Adrien had gently pressed his forehead against the back of her neck. She let out a silent breath, nuzzling her head into her pillow.

The two of them fell asleep a few minutes later and stayed like that for a few hours before Marinette quickly blinked awake and kept laying down as she looked around the room, noting everything she could see in her field of view from where she was laying. She didn't want to move since Adrien was asleep and his forehead was still resting against the back of her neck.

She stared blankly at the wall for a few minutes before giving in and moving so she could turn over and cuddle Adrien, nuzzling her head right underneath is.

Adrien stirred a little when he felt Marinette move, hesitantly wrapping his arms around her small frame. "Hmm...Mari...?" He mumbled sleepily.

Marinette sniffled a little, causing Adrien to blink wide awake as he pulled back to look at Marinette's face. "What's wrong?" He said quickly, eyes full of concern.

Marinette rubbed her eyes. "Just...stop working too much at home, please...?" She looked up at him with pleading eyes.

Adrien's expression softened and he hugged Marinette tighter. "I'm sorry, Princess. I won't do it ever again, I pawmise. I just...I don't know, I guess I just wanted to make sure stuff got done in time; the stress of deadlines really got to me, I guess."

Marinette smiled, kissing his cheek. "Thank you."

Adrien pouted and Marinette gave him a look of confusion before he chuckled a little and gave her a quick kiss on the lips. The two of them smiled after Adrien pulled away before they both laughed a little.

"I love you, Bugaboo."

"I love you too, Chaton."

A couple weeks later...

Marinette smiled as she heard the front door open and close and felt two arms wrap around her waist from behind, feeling a head rest on her right shoulder instead of watching Adrien walk over to his home office; he was doing good at keeping his promise.

"Hey, kitty," She greeted, smiling brightly. "How was work?"

Adrien grumbled playfully in response, "Tiring..."

Marinette giggled a little, turning around in Adrien's arms and cupping his cheeks. "You poor kitten, don't worry," She kissed his cheek. "Dinner will be ready soon, I promise."

"Mm, I always love your cooking."

"Of course you do."

"Hey! I love everything about you, you know that!" Adrien whined.

Marinette giggled, "I know you do and don't worry, I love you too."

"Good," Adrien smiled before kissing her and not letting her respond. He felt her kiss back instantly and could tell she was internally pouting since he didn't let her respond.

They pulled away after a few moments and Adrien looked down at Marinette so she could gently press her forehead against his.

Adrien then stayed by Marinette's side and just watched her cook, helping her when she needed it and made sure he was making up for the fact that he had stayed in his office at home for hours.

He's doing well, Marinette thought happily as she couldn't wipe the smile off her face. He definitely looks better than he did when he would stay in his home office.

"Have I told you I love you?" Adrien asked randomly.

Marinette looked over at him. "Mhm, you sure have, many, many times. Is something wrong?"

"Nope!" Adrien grinned. "Just making sure you know~" He sang a little before quickly pecking her lips and moving to set the table.

Marinette stood still, her cheeks flushed a soft pink before she shook out of her slight daze. "Adrien Agreste!"

Adrien laughed.

"Love you too, Princess!"