Cuts and Coughs

((Marinette lives with her father (her parents divorced when she was 6), and Adrien still is a model for his father's company but lives in his own place now.))

((Set the year after they have graduated; Mari/Ladybug: 18 | Adrien/Chat: 19.))

((Mature!!! Can you tell I can write mature stuff easily or is it just me?! Just for reference: mentions of abuse and self-harm.))

They had split up for patrol despite Chat noticing that Ladybug was acting funny.

Around a half an hour later, Ladybug had collapsed on a random rooftop in Paris. She was on her side, curled up in a slight ball and shivering. Her face was extremely pale, and the occasional shudder passed through her. Her lips were slightly parted as shallow breaths escaped them.

Overall, she seemed to have a bad fever...

...but the cuts didn't help.

Her father had started abusing her when her mother called for a divorce and left them. She moved back to China, refusing to take Marinette, despite Marinette's pleas.

Marinette was only six at that time.

Her father, Tom, went...'easy' on her. Only going so far as slapping her, across her face most of the time.

And it only got worse from there.

As the years went by, Tom would hit Marinette harder and in different ways. And he is still doing it despite Marinette has graduated. He won't ever give her permission to move out of the house.

Punching,

Kicking,

Throwing her to the ground.

He'd even choke her at times when he just wanted to see her suffer. It would always end with Marinette laying on the floor, gasping for air.

He started that when she was nine.

But in the last four years, he'd pull out a knife as a strong warning, only cutting her sometimes.

He even brought out a gun once, but luckily he didn't shoot it.

Marinette had even started harming herself, but no one knew. Not even her father. She wanted to pain to go away, and a razor blade quickly became her friend. Tikki tried to help her after she found out a couple days after Marinette started self-harming, but Marinette would never listen.

Nonetheless, Marinette (as Ladybug) laid on the rooftop in despair. All her cuts hidden away by her suit.

Chat didn't find her for about half an hour. When he did, he quickly rushed to her side and looked her over. Seeing her like this scared him, and he tried to shake her awake. "M'lady...m'lady!"

Ladybug's eyes fluttered open as he shook her. "Stop..." she mumbled silently, her body aching as he shook her. "Stop...! P—Please.." she cried out, suddenly frightened.

Chat took his hands off of her, frowning as he saw her condition. "Are you...sick?! Why did you come out on patrol? You could have told me you were sick..." Ladybug could see the fear in his eyes.

"S—Sorry kitty...I thought I was in a stable condition...I guess I'm not."

Chat shook his head, placing a hand on her forehead and feeling how hot it felt, even through his suit. "Bugaboo...you're burning up, even I can feel it. You should get home."

Ladybug whimpered, turning over on her other side and facing away from him. "B—But I can't get home on my own, and we can't know about our identities..."