Easter Special - Charity Egg Hunt and A Peaceful Night

Ladybug and Chat Noir landed next to each other at a Charity Event, that they both agreed to attend to, at the local children's hospital. It was an event that provided an egg hunt to children in the hospital.

Ladybug smiled at the event leader and they talked about a few points about the event. The leader mentioned that they had already hid all the eggs and that they kept all the kids in their rooms and they were going to announce over the intercom when they were allow to begin.

Ladybug and Chat smiled at each other; they were going to be wandering the halls and helping out the kids when they see them struggling.

So, when the time came to start the egg hunt, the two superheroes made their way to their assigned area. The intercom then went on..

"Children. The long-awaited egg hunt begins...now!"

The children were let out of their rooms and the excitement rose. Some of the kids had to take it more slow but others were helpful and encouraging, leaving eggs behind for the slow ones so they wouldn't feel left out.

((Kids in general are more understanding than adults in real life; let's be real.))

Ladybug and Chat helped the kids out by giving subtle clues as to where some eggs were hidden if they saw that a lot of kids weren't finding them, they helped some kids maneuver through tight spaces or spaces where lots of kids were looking.

The two of them enjoyed helping out the kids a lot and their hearts felt warm. Once all of the eggs were found, the superheroes were assigned a few kids to help count their eggs and see what the children had found. During this time, Ladybug and Chat got hear the children's stories, what they suffered from or about other things like their friends and family.

It felt very heartwarming to know that just by being there, they made a difference in the children's life.

After everything was said and done, they had to say goodbye to the children and the staff thanked them for showing up and helping.

•That Night...

Ladybug sat on a random rooftop in Paris, legs dangling over the edge as she watched the lights on the Eiffel Tower, smiling gently.

Out of nowhere, she felt something being placed on her head and she squeaked, quickly looking over her shoulder to see Chat laughing softly.

Ladybug huffed, standing up and crossing her arms. "That was mean, Chaton. You know you shouldn't sneak up on a lady like that."

Chat slowly stopped laughing. "My a-paw-logies, Bugaboo," he chuckled, cocking his head to the side. "But did you even notice what I put on your head?"

"Hm?" Ladybug hummed in response, reaching up and finding that he had placed a headband on her head. She gently pulled it off and saw that it had bunny ears on it. "Really?" She made a slightly annoyed but slightly amused face at him.

Chat grinned with fake innocence. "What? It's Easter, m'lady, you gotta get in the spirit of it!"

"Why don't you put it on then?"

Chat flicked one of his cat ears with his finger. "I tried; my cat ears got in the way, but you don't have any cat ears in the way so I decided to put it on you!"

Ladybug pouted a little, slowly putting the bunny ears back on. "Fine..." she sighed playfully. "Just this once, Chaton."

Chat clapped happily. "Yay! C'mon, let's play hide and seek."

"Ah," Ladybug crossed her arms. "So instead of finding eggs, we take turns finding each other, hm?"

Chat nodded. "I'm glad you caught on, m'lady." He grabbed his baton from his waist and spun it in his hand carefully. "And I'll...hide first!" He stated before jumping away.

"You do know it's not even your night to patrol, right?" Ladybug called after him. When she didn't get a response, even after she waited a few moments, she shook her head, beginning to count to ten.

"I'll find you quickly, kitty," she whispered to the open air once she finished counting. "And then I'll hide and you'll neeeeeeever find me." She grinned teasingly before running off to find that damn cat.

———————————————————————

Edit - A/N: Apologies that this one seems so short. I've been having a hard time writing recently and holiday-driven one shots (that I've set deadlines for for myself) aren't really helping that much. I hope you all can understand. <3

|Miss Shaybug|