Familiar Unknown Face

Two months later...

Nolan's POV

Today Liam got released out of the hospital. I still can't help but feel guilty for what had happened to him. I should've stopped Gabe, if I didn't throw that stupid party Hayden would've never cheated on Liam with Gabe. Then none of this, none of this would've happened. Tears slowly start streaming down my cheeks. Pull yourself together Nolan, I quietly tell myself. Don't cry now.
"Why are you sad freckles" I looked up and stared at an familiar face with and unknown name.
"I-I uh" I couldn't get any words out I was sitting in the lacrosse field with my legs against my chest. I put my head back down in defeat.
"You're friends with Liam aren't you? I can smell his scent" I kept my head down hoping it wasn't an enemy.
"Come on we don't want the McCall pack worried do we?" He grabbed my arm and I yanked it away from him.
"They don't want me" I muttered, I could feel the stranger looking at me puzzled. He tried to help me up again.
"I don't need your help or pity they won't be worried, if you came here to kill me just get it over with." I said still having my head in my arms.
"Stop being so difficult" He went to pick me up and I gave in, what's the point anyways. I can feel my tears starting to stream down my face. 'Stop crying you stupid human, stupid worthless human' I keep repeating in my head.
"You smell like fear and anxiety and sadness all at once, that's not a good scent for you" The wolf said I kept quiet.
"I'm Brett by the way" I still kept quiet but now remembering where I know him from playing against his lacrosse team. Liam had told me about him before, but he left town I wonder why he's back.

Liam's POV
I hear a knock on my door I get up to go open it when a familiar scent that I thought i'd never smell again hit me. I cautiously open the door when someone pushes their way through.
"Brett what the hell?!" I looked at him puzzled and he looked down and that's when I noticed Nolan in his arms asleep.
"I found him on the lacrosse field. He wreaked of sadness, fear and anxiety it was hard to miss" I shook my head and told him to lay him down on the couch. I grab a pillow and blanket and laid the pillow under his head and draped the blanket over him.
"When did you come back" I say breaking the silence.
"A couple days ago. I heard you got hurt and I couldn't let my best lacrosse competitor die now could I?" He sarcastically replied. I sighed
"Well I'm alive aren't I, and apparently you are too. Oh wait by the way WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GO YOU COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED WE THOUGHT YOU DIED?!" Brett laughed at me freaking out on him.
"Away. I went to go find an old friend of your pack." he paused when he saw my confused face that told him I had no idea what he was talking about. "Oh beta you thought you were Scott's first beta? The first one he bit yes, but there was one before you. One Scott had a strong connection to, along with the rest of the pack. Does Isaac Lahey ring a bell?" I still looked at him puzzled. I knew the name and I've seen him in pictures, he left town a long time ago and Scott was miserable without him. He never told me why though.
"Well it was nice talking to you. See you around" Brett turns to walk out the door then stopped he turned his head around "Take care of him" he gestured towards Nolan. I nodded and closed the door behind him as he walked away. What the hell just happened.

HEY GUYS I HOPE I REMEMBERED CORRECTLY THAT I DIDN'T KILL OFF BRETT LMAO SORRY IF I WAS WRONG BUT HE IS ALIVE AND HE BROUGHT BACK A FAMILIAR FACE