Of True Importance

I followed Miss out of the room. From what it looked like, it seemed she was taking back to the room I was placed in earlier.

I soon found out that was exactly where we were headed. Once we approached it, Miss tapped some numbers on a number pad that was on the glass wall. I guess that's what I saw as a wire box on the inside. Looking at it again, I wondered how it was powered.

She made sure to cover the number pad while she put a code in. Once she inputted the last number, there was a sound of rushing air as the door opened. Miss gave me a gesture to enter.

"Wait, so I'm just supposed to stay in here," I asked.

"I'll be back. You have another test due."

I sighed. "Whatever."

I entered the glass chamber and the door was shut behind me. I looked to see Miss walking away and the hooded man standing outside with his rifle in hand. I went ahead and sat on the floor. I thought about how the hell I got into this... Why I got into this. Was this just life's way of getting back at me? Or was it-

There was suddenly another harsh hiss of air. I looked at the door and saw Heinz standing at the doorway with Miss at his side.

"Thirty Six," Heinz said.

"Yes?"

"I have been informed that you will be taking your threat tests next."

"Well I can't confirm. I wasn't told anything."

"Hmm... Well either way, I'm sure you'll be glad to hear that you won't be taking that test."

"I mean... sure. I guess I'm glad to hear that."

"But you will be taken in for something else. Please come with me."

Heinz started walking away while Miss stayed behind and waited for me to exit. I went ahead and followed Heinz while Miss and the armed hooded man followed me. We walked down a long hallway before entering a room with a large box in the center of it. Around the room were also some computers and files.

Miss approached one of the computers and started typing on it. I soon started to hear a noise as she looked at us.

The box in the center of the room started to show an opening like a door way. Inside that doorway was a chair with a helmet hanging from the top inside of the box.

"Alright Thirty Six," Heinz said. "Sit in the chair and put the helmet on."

"What's gonna happen in there?"

"Just go in. I'll explain once you're in."

"I ain't just gonna go in without some sort of explanation..."

Heinz took out a pistol that was concealed by his lab coat and pointed it at me.

"Sit in the chair, Thirty Six."

"You know, I don't take threats lightly. Maybe you should think about what you're doing, Heinz."

The hooded man pointed his rifle at me.

"Sit in the chair!"

I chuckled. "Alright, whatever, I'll get into the damn box."

I went into the box and sat in the chair before putting the helmet on. It covered my head and ears, making it hard for me to hear anything. The hooded man approached the box and started strapping my arms onto the arm rests. I looked at Heinz and saw him say something, but I couldn't hear him.

Before I knew it, the box's door was closing. I immediately freaked out and tried to get out of the seat, but my hands were strapped down. Heinz just watched me as the door shut.

I soon heard a voice. It was loud and clear.

"Thirty six, are you there?" It sounded like Miss.

"Yeah I'm here. What am I supposed to do in here?"

"Well first, close your eyes. We're gonna scan your head and the laser can be blinding. We'll tell you when to open them."

I went ahead and closed my eyes. I heard a bit of noises but refrained from opening them until I was told to do so. After a couple of seconds, the noises stopped and I was told I could open my eyes now.

"Now Thirty Six," Miss said. "Before you go, I must inform you of what exactly you're going to do."

"Yeah. Otherwise, I'm probably gonna fuck up. Lay the information on me."

"Alright Thirty Six, what we're going to do is put you to sleep. While you're asleep, we're gonna try and have you dream the memories that you made with Libitina. From that, we're gonna try and recreate Libitina using your memories and artificial memories. Now this next part is very important."

"Okay..."

"You MUST make you do not hurt Libitina. We need to make sure we have her as healthy and alive as possible. We will do our best to make sure everything goes smoothly, but it is mostly up to you."

"So go in and don't hurt Libitina. Got it."

"And Thirty Six. We won't be able to make contact with you very often while you're asleep. Otherwise, the system may overload and your brain will shut down. If for some reason you need help and we cannot contact you, just stay calm and we'll get back to you as soon as possible."

"Alright. What other dangers are there?"

"Well... just make sure you keep Libitina happy. If she starts to stress out, it may cause an overload. She will be most stable when she's happy."

I sighed. "Alright. Is that all?"

"I believe so. If there is anything else, we will try and make contact with you while you are asleep. Are you ready?"

"Hell, I guess so."

After a couple of seconds, I started to feel a hard shock through my body. Much harder than the one I felt earlier. It felt like the life was being taken from my body with every second. I soon found myself coming to a blackout.

Authors Notes: "Oh God, he's making another..." NO. This is not another alternative. The memories that are being used are mostly artificial. They will most likely only use Danny's memory of how Libitina/Yuri came to be. Please do not be deterred thinking this is an alternative! It's not! Thank you!