Help From A Fellow Enemy

I headed towards the knock which I expected was from the front door. I opened it and saw Ben standing outside. He wasn't wearing suit this time... just a black shirt and khakis.

I realized it was similar to my outfit... only his shirt was short sleeved while mine was long sleeved.

"Ben. I thought you said you'd call me?"

"I did, but no one picked up. So I came to make sure everything was alright."

"Well everything's fine..."

"Perfect. Now, I was also requested to take you somewhere for training. Are you ready?"

I looked down at my pants, shoes and shirt. I seemed to look ready.

"Yeah I think so. Where are we going?"

"Come with me, I'll give you the details."

I followed Ben outside. He led me to his white Aston Martin parked in front of my house. After I got into the passengers seat, Ben opened the glove box and took out an envelope and a pistol. I'm pretty sure it was different from the one we had when we first met.

Ben opened the envelope and looked through some of the contents before stopping and examining something.

"Alright, take a look at this," he said while handing it to me.

He handed me a photo. It was a photo of Kyle...

"I'm sure you recognize him," Ben said.

"Yeah, I do actually. Why do you have this?"

"Well you see, like I said yesterday, I need to train your mind. It was requested that I have a series of targets set up for you so that you may get used to shooting a gun and using a knife, as well as decreasing the amount of hesitation you may have when ending a persons life."

"Well I'm sure I can somewhat use a knife already, and I already know how to shoot a gun. And really, taking someone's life isn't all the difficult for me..."

"Well that's good, we should be off to a good start then. Now, for this, you have two targets. I trust you know this boy as well?"

He handed me another photo. This one had a picture of Robbie. Seeing him immediately brought me flashbacks of my failed attempts at had at killing him.

"Robbie... he's my target too?"

"Yes, but there's something else you need to do before taking him out."

"And what would that be?"

"He will be waiting for you outside the building where the first target is located. You will need to cooperate with him to reach the first target on the third floor of the building. Once the first target is eliminated, you may eliminate the second target."

"Alright... is there anything else I should know before doing this?"

"Hmm... I think that's all. I'll take us there now, Robbie should be waiting there for us."

He put the car in drive and started driving. On the way, he confirmed that my name was Danny and asked me my age and things like that. Nothing that was too personal for me to keep away from him.

We soon stopped in front of a building and in front of Robbie's truck. I immediately recognized the building... this was where I killed Kyle and his gang.

The only difference now was that Robbie was here.

"This is the place," Ben said upon arriving. "You can take this pistol with you, but it does not have any ammunition at the moment. I'm sure you'll find some in the building if you look around hard enough. Nine millimeter."

I took the pistol from him. Even though I saw it as some other pistol, it appeared as the same Glock I used before when I took it in my hands.

"Alright Danny, before you go, take this watch. It will continuously check your pulse and alert me if it senses no pulse for more than five seconds. If that happens, I will go in and get you."

He handed me a watch with a light red circle in the center. The circle seemed to pulsate once every second as soon as I put it on.

"Wait, you're not coming with me?"

"This is a test of your training. I will not go in unless things get out of control. You have no need to worry however, as most of the people inside are unarmed."

"Most?"

"I believe one of the people inside may have a pair of brass knuckles, and another may have a knife. You should be fine though... I can almost assure you."

I would've normally scolded Ben for keeping this information from me, but I had done this before...

Alone. I didn't even need Robbie to make sure this would go well. Of course, he'd at least be an extra precaution. Especially since I didn't have a working pistol this time.

"Alright... now is that everything?"

"Yes, that should be all."

"Alright then. I'm gonna go ahead and go then... will you be here when I get back?"

"Yes. I'll be waiting in this spot until you get back."

"Okay, I'll be back soon."

I exited the car and headed to Robbie's truck. I saw him using his phone through the windshield, so I knocked on the drivers side window. He immediately put down the window as soon as he saw me.

"Hey Danny, you made it."

"Yeah... you already know what we're gonna do?"

"Yeah, I know. We're gonna get that bastard, don't you worry."

"Alright, perfect. You ready?"

"Yeah, lets go. You got your knife?"

I checked my pockets and found that I had my knife and cellphone.

"Yeah, I got it. You got yours?"

He patted his lap. "Yup."

"Alright then, let's go."

He exited the truck and followed me towards the entrance of the building. I already knew what was inside.