Reenactement And Realization

I slowly opened the door of the somewhat large building. Inside... was nothing. It was just a pitch black. At least that's what I saw for a second.

The black suddenly filled with the room and people I remembered. Six males and a female. They looked at us as soon as they appeared.

"What do you want," one of the guys asked.

"We're looking for Kyle," Robbie said. "Where is he?"

"Those are the fuckers who beat Kyle!"

Suddenly, the group of people ran towards us. I prepared myself to retreat, but Robbie ran at them. They soon started bunching around him and landing punches on him while he attempted to slash at them with his knife. One of them caught my attention.

One of the dudes had a knife of his own. I quickly ran at him as he got ready to stab Robbie. I managed to tackle him before he got a chance to do so.

On the ground, I took his knife out of his hand and repeatedly stabbed him with it. His face, his chest... everywhere.

I soon felt myself get pushed down. My right hand suddenly went numb as the people starting beating me down on the ground. I tried to fight back, but the knife had fallen from my hand as I was brought down. Every punch seemed to numb me and weaken me.

I was soon able to recover as Robbie threw some of the people off of me. He helped me up to my feet and patted my back before punching another person.

"I'm gonna go find Kyle," I said.

Before he could respond, I ran to the staircase. I quickly headed upstairs and opened the door to the next room. Inside, I saw Kyle.

"Kyle!"

"Stay away from me," he said as he headed to a nearby door. "Connor, get him!"

I soon saw Connor come through the door. He had brass knuckles on both of his hands.

Without thinking, I ran at him and got ready to give him a right hook or a good stab.

What a horrible move...

As soon as I got close to him, he gave me a jab in the chest. I swear I could feel my ribs break upon impact. My breathe escaped my lungs as I felt myself tumble backwards.

I felt weak and numb throughout my body. I tried to keep myself in a ready fighting stance, but I felt like falling over. Connor however, didn't have any trouble at all. As he approached me, I threw myself at him in hopes I could try and do something.

Reckless move once again.

He threw me down to the ground. I needed time to recover, but time wasn't something I had. He stood next to me and started kicking my side. Some sort of déjà vu hit me. I had been in this place before.

No, I'm not thinking straight...

Thoughts ran through my mind as the pain ran through my body. It was like my mind was trying to remember something... definitely at the worst of times.

I soon saw Connor lean over me. His fist and brass knuckles over my face, ready to pound my face to a pulp. I just shut my eyes and waited.

He was taking too long... what happened? Did I bullshit my way out of another situation?

I opened my eyes. As soon as I did, I saw him again. This time he smiled and let out a small chuckle before raising his fist and getting ready to punch me. I soon saw it.

As if time slowed down, his fist was heading towards my face. I soon heard a female's voice.

"Danny, no!"

I soon felt the horrible and unexplainable pain from the impact of the knuckle. I grabbed my face out of reaction and cried as I waited for this pain to stop. I waited for another punch... one that would hopefully kill me and end the pain.

I lied there and waited in pain as I held my face. A couple of seconds soon passed... nothing happened.

I didn't want to open my eyes. I wanted to stay hidden behind my eye lids. Away from Connor, away from the world.

I soon heard something. Something... different. Hard to explain, but I recognized the sound.

The sound of someone moving. On my bed to be specific. The pain in my face quickly went away and I felt like I wanted to move my hands and see the world again.

I slowly moved my hands and opened my eyes. The floor beneath felt a change. From the hard floor to a somewhat hard carpet. I stared at the brown ceiling fan hanging from the white ceiling.

My room...

I sat up and saw Libitina in the bed. She was moving around a bit, but she seemed to just be getting comfortable. I myself, was trying to realize what just happened...

I suddenly felt my phone vibrate. I took it out of my pocket and saw a message. There was no name, just a blank. I unlocked my phone and viewed the message. It read,

"My contact with you is limited. Thirty Six, Dr. McKinley is making you do all the wrong things, please listen to me. Someone you miss dearly will show up to your house and guide you properly. If your memory serves me right, you cared for this girl very much. I know you've been having trouble remembering, so this should serve as a nice surprise. Good luck, Thirty Six."

Someone I miss dearly...? Who would that be?

I felt somewhat excited. This girl, she must've been very special to me. Someone I really like, who could it be?

Who could this special girl be?
Who do I miss dearly?

(Make Your Choice)

———————————————————————
Authors Note: No alternatives! Just a decision. Pick a girl you think Danny would miss the most.