Her

I suddenly heard a gentle knock on the door. It had to be that special someone. I rushed to the front door and undid the lock before slowly opening. I was greeted by the beautiful sight of...

Someone I only somewhat remembered.

All I knew was that her name was Monika. I really couldn't figure out why she would be the one sent to me... but I suppose it's nice to have someone else around.

And supposedly, I really cared for her. I just couldn't remember why at the moment.

"Hi Danny," she said in happy tone.

"Hey Monika..."

"How have you been?"

"I've been alright. And yourself?"

"I've been doing great. It's been some time hasn't it?"

The excitement in her voice seemed to die down a little. She still seemed happy, but she was becoming calmer.

"Yeah I guess so..."

Looking at her felt so weird. I could slightly remember a time where I was with her, but The memory was very fuzzy. I barely knew who she was... it was like I was just meeting her again.

I suddenly noticed how hot it was outside...

"You can come inside if you want, I know it's pretty hot out."

"Oh, thank you Danny," she said before coming in.

She came in and I closed the door before leading her to the couch. She sat on one couch as I sat on the other. We just started staring at each other awkwardly.

Well, I felt it was awkward. She didn't seem to mind it at all. She just stared at me with a smile.

"So... did you come walking over here," I asked.

As she was about to answer, glitched for a second before suddenly speaking.

"No, I drove here. You didn't see my car parked outside?"

Something tells me your car just kind of appeared there...

"Oh I must've missed it. So like... I don't mean for this to sound rude, but what are you doing here?"

"Oh well..."

She started to think about it as if she was unsure about it herself. Maybe that wasn't something I should've asked...

"Ah never mind. It's nice to have you over," I said.

"Well it's nice to see you again."

I just smiled awkwardly. She smiled back at me before looking around the house. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, indicating me of a message. I took my phone out of my pocket. The message read,

"Ask her about having her as your guide."

Alright then...

I turned to Monika, who was still observing her surroundings inside my home.

"So like... I was told you were supposed to be my guide or something."

She snapped her fingers like she just realized something.

"Oh that's right! I'm supposed to guide you, that's right." She stood up from the couch. "Come with me."

She headed right out the front door, even though I just let her in a couple of minutes ago. I exited with her and followed her to my driveway, where I saw my car, along with what was supposed to be her car.

Her car... it made my jaw drop. A beautiful orange Corvette sat next to tiny black Miata. And the wing on the back of it... there was no mistaking it. That was a ZR1. The beast of a car put out about seven hundred and fifty horsepower.

And this little beauty right here was driving it...

"That's your car," I asked in amazement.

She smiled. "Yup. Pretty nice, isn't it?"

"Hell yeah! Oh man... It's just so... oh man! It's so awesome!"

She giggled as I went on my little mini craze over the car. For some reason, I felt more comfortable being myself around Monika... Ben had a nice car too, but I wasn't gonna start freaking out over it. He seemed too formal for that.

After I finished my last "oh man," I headed for the passengers seat of the car. Instead of getting into the drivers seat, Monika followed me to the passengers.

"Do you wanna drive," she asked as she held her keys in front of me.

I suddenly felt myself fill with excitement.

"Oh my god, are you serious?!"

She giggled once again. "Just be careful."

I slowly took the keys from her hand as I nodded in confirmation. I headed into the drivers seat as she got into the passengers seat. I started the car and smiled as I heard the wonderful sound of the startup. With Monika's permission, I revved it a little before finally heading out onto the road.

"So where exactly are we going," I asked Monika.

"We can go where ever you want. Just somewhere we can relax and talk."

"Alright, well it's pretty early. How does Starbucks sound?"

She smiled at me. "That sounds nice."

And with that, I drove towards Starbucks. After a little bit of speeding through the empty roads, we arrived. Just like almost everywhere else I went, the parking lot was empty, but there were people inside. Monika and I ordered something before sitting at one of the tables, where we sat in front of each other.

"So like, this seems like a nice spot. What exactly did you wanna talk about?"

"Just about your guidance. I need to push you to make sure you keep being a good person," she said with a smile.

"Well I mean, that sounds great, Monika. But like, I've already made a deal with someone about doing things that aren't so nice..."

"What? Who would want you to do such a thing?"

"Someone involved with a guy named Ben I guess. He's gonna help me become who I truly am. A person who doesn't show fake sweetness, but instead expresses the anger and aggression he has."

"Ben... no. Danny, that's not who you are. You're sweet... and I promise, after spending some time with me, you'll see that."

"I don't know, Monika..."

"Alright, tell me. How do you see yourself right now? Who is Danny?"