0.5

I've read all but three of Sylvia Plath's books, and they aren't sold here. I'm not only interested in the poetry, but I also would like to know what my 'what then' is. It also makes me wonder if luke has already done what he was put here for. I wondered if luke was looking for his 'what then'.

He had stopped in only once this week, so I expected him to stop by today.

"Hey." He says, walking through the door.

"Hi." I yell over the tall shelves.

"Could you put this on the shelf for me?" I question, handing him the book. He nods, easily pushing it into the right slot on the shelf.

"You should get a job here. It would make things easier." I laugh, handing him another.

"I don't think my 'what then.' Is working at an old book store." He laughs.

"What if there isn't a what then, luke? What if you're forced to live a normal and regular life like the rest of us?" I joke, shoving some more books onto the bottom shelf.

"I refuse!" He yells, making the old lady a row over jump.

"People live boring lives, luke. We're not here to live important and meaningful lives, were here to live." I laugh.

"What do I get from that?" He asks. "From living."

"Love. A nice job. Potentially some kids." I say, handing him more books.

"What if I don't want that?" He questions.

"Then you live on the streets." I smile, bringing the box closer to the front desk.

"Sounds adventurous." He chuckles.

"Only you, luke." I whisper, throwing some old paper away.

"Only me." He smiles. "What time do you get off?"

"Around two." I say, leaning back onto the counter.

"Well, El," he says, proud that he had rymed my name with 'well.' "Would you like to do something after you get off of work?"

"Why not." I Laugh. "Don't you have work?"

"Absolutely not." He says. "Why would spend my life working?"

-

Hi there

Do you like it so far ?

Ily