0.6

"So." he says, moving around in his chair. "What did you do today?"
"You where there for like, half of it. I put some books away, ordered some new books, that type of stuff." I nod. "What about you?"
"I just layed around I guess. Life's so boring." He sighs, leaning back into the chair.
"Not if you spend it with the right people." I say.
He nods, like he's actually thinking about that.
"I've spent it with the right people. Well, most of it. I've spent the exciting portion of my life with the right people. We don't really talk anymore, though. They all are married, and since I'm only twenty one I don't see why I should need to get married." He says, looking up at the ceiling from his leaned back position.
"Better late then never." I shrug. I was only about a year younger than luke, and I couldn't wait to find the love of my life, and have kids. "What about kids? Do you see yourself doing that?"
"Maybe. I'm not sure." He says.
"What do you want to talk about?" I ask. It seems like we really don't have anything not deep or a huge subject to talk about. We could talk about Sylvia Plath, but I don't want like to get into a whole bunch of things that make him think way to hard, when we could just talk about something simple.
"I'm not sure." He whispers.
After that it starts to get extreamly awkward, considering we usually have things to talk about, and we usually do things.
"Can I tell you something?" He asks, leaning forward.
"Yeah, sure." I smile.
"I'm a bit nervous." He admits, running his hands through his hair. "I don't date."
I don't say anything for a moment, trying to understand what he's saying. "This is a date?" I question.
"You didn't know that?" He laughs. "If you would have known it was a date, would you have said no?"
"Well... Not exactly." I shrug.
"What if this was.... A friend date." He asks, looking over at me.
"Oh, so now it's a friend date?" I smile, looking up from my hands.
"No, but let's be theoretical here, if it was, would you feel more comfortable?" He questions.
"Who said I was uncomfortable?" I laugh.
"You are something else, El." He shakes his head.
-
Hi hi hi I hope this was okay I haven't updated in a bit and I still have to write Denver I'm sorry + short short I'm sorry I'm juST SO SORRY