Epilogue - Part 2

When Noel had woken up the next morning she had planned on starting the car and leaving, but she hadn't awoken to the sun beaming through the windows like normal, she had awoken to a hungover Luke holding his head and banging on the Camper door.

"El, open the damn door." He moans, outrun his second hand on his head.

"Fuck you." She mumbles to herself, rolling back over in the small camper bed that once held two.

"Noel, really." Luke whines. "I fucked up, I swear. Just open the door, I'll drive us home. When we get back we can talk."

She finally gives up, rolling off of the bed and slowly trudging to the door.

She spots Luke through the window on the door, rolling her eyes at him.

"Luke, go live your amazing life. Don't let me hold you back from that." She says, sarcastically frowning.

"C'mon El, you know I love you more than anything." He says.

"Whatever." She sighs, reaching down to unlock the door. "Just drive me home."

And that's what Luke did. He drove a sleepy Noel seven hours back to Seattle, silently thinking about what he would say to her when they arrived back home.

He understood that he had fucked up, and he kept reminding himself what a big fucking idiot he was for leaving her to herself at a time like this.

Of coarse Noel had stayed quite the entire ride home, sleeping, playing on her phone, or listening to music. It had upset her that Luke left, but it made her feel better when he had come back.

They arrived at their house, and Noel immediately grabbed one of her bags and made her way down the stairs attached to the camper.

"It's good to be home..?" Luke says, trying his best to make conversation.

Noel rolls her eyes, grabbing Luke's bag from his hand and unzipping it.

She begins to take out his clothes, placing them in the hamper so she could wash them later. (While silently hoping that he would begin to apologize to her.)

"El, look. I'm sorry. I'm so, so fucking sorry." Luke says, taking his fave in his hands.

"It's okay." She says, not looking up from the stupid clothes she was still sorting through.

But it wasn't okay, and Luke knew that. It was the way she said it, just 'okay.' She had done that before, and Luke had learned that it wasn't okay. Even if she said it was.

"Don't do this.." Luke says, putting his hand on her shoulder.

She stands up, shaking his hand off.

"You're the one who did this." She sighs, picking up the basket and beginning to walk away.

"El, c'mon." He says, grabbing her wrist and making her drop the basket. "You know I love you, and I love to see you happy. If this makes you happy, than I'm happy."

"It's not that simple, Luke." She says.

"Oh, but it can be. I'm sorry. I admit it, I fucked up. I should have stayed and I should have told you that I support any decision that you are going to make. If this makes you happy, El, than I'm happy."

El wasn't quite convinced just yet, but she felt it was best she forgave him- especially if they were going to start a family.

September 24th, 2019.

"Luke!" Noel yells, steadying her arms around the small toddler threatening to take their first steps.

"What!" He yells back, quickly making his way down the stairs to their apartment.

When he reaches the bottom of the stairs, he screams, making a small Charlie turn her head in confusion.

"Luke, shut the fuck up!" El, yells, the toddler turning to face Luke. "She was going to walk towards me!"

"Come here, Charlie!" Luke says quietly, his voice reaching a higher pitch.

The baby laughs, slowly raising its foot.

"You can do it!" He encourages.

Charlie takes a few steps, grabbing on to Luke's outstretched hand.

Noel smiles, picking up the baby and handing her to Luke.

The doctor had been somewhat worried about Charlie, considering she was around a year and a half and hadn't take her first steps yet.

"Oh my god, this is it." Luke says, bouncing up and down to keep Charlie occupied. "This is what I've been waiting for."

After Charlie was born, Luke was afraid he would have to give up everything that he had planned. But when he held his baby girl for the first time, it didn't really matter anymore.

He had explained it somewhat like he had explained his love for El.

'This girl came into my life, and changed everything. I didn't know at the time if it was a good thing or a bad thing, but i certainly know now. It wasn't just a good thing, hell, it was better than great.'

"You know, six years ago I would have never thought this is where I would be." Luke mutters, smiling at the small baby in his arms. "I didn't think I was going to live past twenty three. But here I am, twenty six, and I'm having the time of my life." He smiles, setting the child down, and wrapping his arms around El.

"And it's all because of you." He laughs.

-

I have no idea if the epilogue was shitty but I tried to give you an insight on what their life was after everything happened, some of the things they did and other shit that seemed to find its way into the Lukel relationship

But yeah, thank you so much for reading, and I hope to see you in some of my other books!

Who knows, the Lukel journey may not be over yet ;)

(The next book I'm going to try and finish is mixtapes because it's going to be short lmao)