Chapter 8

[Reader's POV]

A loud thud along followed by a loud sigh brought me out of my slumber. When I open my eyes fully, I hear noise come from downstairs.

I walk out of my room quietly and look in Haejin's room, thinking he might be the one downstairs so when I saw him still fast asleep, my heart rate picked up.

I slowly but surely walk down the stairs and look in the kitchen where I saw the one and only Hoseok. "Hoseok!" I yell causing the brunet to scream, dropping whatever was on the pan.

"What the hell was that for!" He whisper yells. I roll my eyes and walk over to the paper towels, handing him the roll to clean up the mess.

"You woke me up with whatever you dropped and I thought someone was in the house." I explain. I look over to see a cake on the counter along with a few decorations and a helium tank.

"I thought we were getting those later?" I ask going over to the decorations and looking through them.

Hoseok stood from his spot on the floor and threw away whatever was in the pan in the garbage. "It was on the way," He said. "Is Jimin coming?" He suddenly asked.

I nodded my head. "Yup." I pop the 'p'. I turn around and lean on the counter.

"Something happen?" Hoseok asks. I cross my arms and look down at my feet. "Y/n..."

"Haejin asked if he had a dad last night," I start. "Apparently some kids in his dance were talking about their dads and they asked Haejin about his but he didn't have an answer." I explain the story of what happened last night at dinner to Hoseok, who just stared at me in shock.

"So did you tell him?" He asks and I shake my head.

"I called Jimin and told him that he is allowed in Haejin's life. Haejin will find out today that Jimin is his father and I honestly don't know how what I'm going to do." I admit.

"Is he coming today?" He asks and I nod my head. "Work something out with him, like when he can see him and everything. Obviously it's going to be hard but thats the best you guys can do at the moment." Hoseok explains.

I look up at Hoseok, a tear streaming down my face. "Oh sister, don't cry." Hoseok walks over and brings me into a hug.

"This isn't what I wanted Hoseok," I sob. "All I wanted was a small family, just me and him. Not this."

Hoseok shushes me as my sobs become louder. "I'm always here for you so in case anything happens I'll be there." That's just what I needed, Hoseok's reassurance.

"Mommy?" I look up from Hoseok's shoulder, quickly wiping my eyes and putting a smile on my face.

"Hey birthday boy." I walk away from Hoseok, bringing Haejin into my arms. "How'd you sleep?" Haejin rubs his tired eyes.

"Ok," He looks up from me and spots Hoseok, his tiredness disappearing. "Hi uncle Hoseok!"

Hoseok laughs at the boy before bringing him into the air.
I watch the two in joy, this is the family I want. Just Hoseok, Haejin and I.

At least, that's what I thought.

[Jimin's POV]

"So she said yes?" Yoongi asks. I pull my shirt over my head and nod my head.

"She called me last night, telling me that Haejin had asked about his dad and I guess that's when she realised that he does need a father figure in his life." I explain.

I look around for my car keys only for Yoongi to call my name and toss them to me when I turned my attention to him. "Don't do anything stupid." He said sitting back down on the couch.

"Oh yeah like wha-"

"Like get her pregnant again, I know how you work Park, just go there and enjoy your kids' birthday." My cheeks flushed a light pink.

I mumble something to myself before leaving Yoongi alone in my penthouse.

|

I knock on the door lightly, hearing footsteps only seconds later. "Jimin!" I look up to see an old friend of mine.

"Hoseok! Nice to see you." I bring him into a hug before he invites me in.

When invited in I notice how well kept it was. It had a homey feel to it, something I admire Y/n for considering it was only her and Haejin.

"Haejin is upstairs along with Y/n, I'd go up with them." Hoseok says. I take my shoes off and set them by the door.

"Do you know everything that has been going on?" I ask. Hoseok nods his head.

"Y/n is my sister after all, we only have each other so when something like this happens in our life we'd go to one another. Now go up their with your son and his mom." He says slapping my butt and pushing me up the stairs.

He hasn't changed a bit that's for sure. When I reach the top of the stairs I hear laughter coming from what I assume Haejin's room.

I poke my head in just enough to watch but for them to not notice me. The way they interact with each other just makes my chest warm, the way she smiles at him makes me realise what I missed out on for the last five years. I could've had a family with the one I love but deciding to pursue my dream got in the way.

I was happy with the choice I made but it still hurt me to think about what I missed out on.

"Jimin? What're you doing here?" Haejin asked. I open the door fully and walk in, shutting it afterward.

"I heard it was your birthday so I thought I'd come join the party," I say making Haejin smile. "Besides your mom and I want to talk to you about something." I look over at Y/n who kept her head down.

I saw down next to Y/n on the floor with Haejin in front of us. "Haejin, remember yesterday when you asked if you had a dad?" Y/n started. Haejin nodded his head. "Well you've met your dad you just never knew who he was personally." Y/n looks over at me, Haejin catching on quickly.

"You're my dad?" He asks and I nod my head. He was quiet for a few moments before a tear streamed down his face.

"Hey don't cry, why are you crying?" I bring him into my lap, setting his head on my chest.

Haejin sniffs. "Because I'm happy." He sobs. I chuckle to myself and pat his back to calm him down.

When I look over at Y/n I see she had a few tears in her eyes, but she held them back. I couldn't tell if she was happy or upset that Haejin was happy, lets hope it's the first one.

Taking a risk I wrap my arm around her waist and bring her into a side hug. "Are you okay?" I whisper in her ear.

She turns her head to look at Haejin, nodding her head.

"I'm okay. If I'm not, then I will be okay."

||

(UNEDITED)

Im spoiling you with updates today jesusus

This was a cute chapter not gonna lie. I liked the ending a lot because i feel like y/n is warming up to him a little bit and maybe hehe something more buTT I WONT SAY ANYTHING.

Thanks for reading!