Chapter 4

"Jenika!" Tim says with a huge smile as he grabs the blond into his arms. "Oh, my God! I was so worried about you. I asked about you but they wouldn't tell me anything."

"I know. They wouldn't tell me anything about you either." Jenika says as they pull out of the hug. "Are...Are you alright?" She rubs a finger over the small scar above his left brow.

"I have to have a few test run today but hopefully I'll get to go home tomorrow." Tim smiles.

They could only smile as they stare at each other. They lean in and gives each other a tender kiss.

"Please, tell me I'm not crazy." Jenika whispers into the kiss.

Tim straightens up and stares at her. Did she remember?

"Tell me it wasn't a dream." Jenika says with a frightened look in her eyes.

"It wasn't a dream." Tim says as he shakes his head. "Jenika, we have to find them. I promised Adam that I would find him."

"Oh, my God!!!" Jenika begins to sob as she grabs the bass into another hug. "I thought I had gone crazy."

"You're not crazy. If you are then I am too." Tim chuckles as he pulls away and wipes her tears.

"But where do we start?" Jenika asks.

"Mom?" Tim says as he turns his attention to his mom. 

Dena had a look of shock on her face. Everything that her son had told them was true. Oh, she wanted to believe him but there was still a slight hint of doubt in her mind.

"Uh.. what, Sweetie?" Dena asks after shaking her head to bring herself out of the state of shock that she was in.

"Can you write down your address for me?" Tim asks.

"Oh, sure." Dena says as she digs through her purse to find something to write with.

She jots down her address and hands it to her son.

"This is where I'll be staying." Tim says as he hands Jenika the address. "When you're able, can you come over? And we'll see what we can come up with."

"I'll be there." Jenika nods and then begins to giggle. She reaches up and brushes back Tim's hair. "The mayor is still at work."

Tim chuckles and hangs his head.

"Tim? It's time for your test." A nurse says as she walks over and unlocks the brakes on his chair. "Jenika, someone is on their way to take you to your's also."

"Wait." Dena says as she reaches for the address that Jenika held in her hand. She begins to write. "This is my phone number. You'll be able to reach Tim at this number."

"Thank you." Jenika nods.

The testing took up the whole morning. Afterward, Tim was taken back to his room to wait for the doctor to come in with the results.

Tim's mood was all over the place. He was happy to have talked with Jenika and knew she was okay and that she too experienced Dead Town. He was irritable and impatient having to wait for the doctor to come in. He was nervous about the tests results. 

Tim was anxious to start his research. All he could think about was finding the others. Finding Adam took top priority. He missed that blue-eyed blond so much. His smile, his voice, the sound of his laugh still rang in his ears. Tim could still imagine the feel of Adam's soft lips on his skin.

Tim's head pounded as he sits in a chair by the window, staring out deep in thought. There was no way that he was going to mention his headache for fear of the doctor wanting to keep him longer for more testing.