Chapter 34

** Thanks to ObsessedwithTidam for the idea for this chapter.

*********

"I love you." Adam whispers as he kisses his boyfriend goodbye.

"I love you too." Tim smiles into the kiss. "I'll be listening."

"You better." Adam giggles as Tim walks him to his car. "Bye Dena, Bye Emily. I'll see y'all in a few hours." He adds with a wave.

"Bye, Hun." Dena waves.

"See ya." Emily says as she waves.

"He's a cutie, Sweetheart." Dena says as he walks up beside her son and slides her arm around his waist.

"Isn't he though." Tim smiles as he drapes his arm around his mom's shoulder. He watches until Adam's car was completely gone from view. "Wait. This was actually the first time you've met, wasn't it."

"Yep, we've talked on the phone several times and I've seen pictures but we've never met until now." Dena says. "We've talked a lot lately planning this."

"I listen to his broadcast every evening. Tomorrow night will be the first one I'll have to miss." Tim sighs.

"Is he gonna be able to make it to your debut?" Emily asks as she takes a selfie with the mountains in the background.

"Yeah, he'll be there. He gets off at seven and the show starts at eight." Tim nods as they head back toward the bottle house.

"I'm going to get my camera out of the car and walk around to take some pictures." Emily says as she turns to her car. "This place is beautiful."

"Just be careful. There are rattlesnakes around here." Tim warns as he and his mom walks up on the porch.

"They better watch out for me." Emily giggles as she walks away.

Tim heads straight to the refrigerator and grabs him a beer.

"Mom? If you're hungry we have some snacks. We always have a late supper since everyone works strange hours." Tim says as he pops open his beer.

"No, honey, I'm fine but I could use a glass of that tea. It's hotter here than it is back home." Dena laughs as she wipes the sweat from her forehead.

"It's hot during the day but gets pretty chilly at night." Tim says as he pours her a glass of ice tea.

"So how have you been doing? Are you still having those bad headaches?" Dena asks as she sits down at the small table.

"Oh, I have them every once in a while." Tim says as he joins her at the table. "I'd say probably a couple a month."

"Bless your heart." She says, laying her hand on his.

"The medication usually takes care of them pretty quickly." Tim offers his mom a comforting smile to stop her worrying.

"So what kind of music do they play at the station that Adam works at?" Dena asks as she takes a sip of her tea.

"Classic country." Tim answers as he glances up at the clock. "As a matter of fact, he'll be coming on the air in just a few minutes."

"Ooo, I love the older stuff." Dena comments as Tim reaches over on the counter and turns on the radio. He already had it programmed to the station. "That's Waylon and Willie." She adds with a smile as 'Luckenbach Texas' blares from the radio.

Dena recognized Adam's voice the minute he started to talk from all the times she had talked to him on the phone. She glances up at her son. There seemed to be a dreamy look in his eyes and a sweet smile on his lips as he listened to his boyfriend's voice. It was as if he was fangirling on the inside. She made a mental note to see if Adam reacted the same tomorrow at the club when he hears Tim sing.

It was pure love that she saw in her son's face. And to think that this love between Tim and Adam started in a state of unconsciousness during their comas. It was almost too crazy to believe. But she had never seen her son so happy and this much in love.

"MOM, YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THESE PICTURES!" Emily yells as she walks into the house.

Dena could only smile as she sees Tim reach over to turn up the volume on the radio a little.

"Mom, look at these beautiful pictures of the sun shining on the mountains." Emily smiles as she sits down at the table.

"Shhh." Tim hushes her as he tries to listen to his lover's sexy voice.

Emily gives a slight eye roll as she continues to show her mom the photos.

"Oh! This one is my favorite. Look at this lizard on that cactus." Emily grins.

"SHHHH!" Tim hushes her a bit louder as he reaches over and turns the volume up louder.

Dena covers her mouth as she begins to giggle softly at her children. Quarreling as they did when they were younger. God, she loved these two so much.

"Mommm." Emily whines. "Make him turn that down."

Tim, out of pure meanness, reaches over one more time cranking the volume up to full maximum. He leans back in his chair and glares at his annoying little sister.

"TIM, HONEY......" Dena was having to shout over the radio. "THAT IS A LITTLE LOUD! (laughing) COULD YOU TURN IT DOWN JUST A LITTLE!"

"NOT UNTIL SHE SHUTS UP OR GOES BACK OUTSIDE!" Tim yells over the music on the radio.

Dena, by now, was laughing uncontrollably. Her mind going back to when they both were children. Tim, who had always loved music, would be in his room playing his keyboard and attempting to write a hit song. Emily, Dena believed, just loved to pester her big brother. She remembered countless times, hearing her son screaming at her daughter to either 'GET OUT OF MY ROOM!' or "WILL YOU GET OUT OF HERE!'.

"EMILY, HE'S TRYING TO LISTEN TO ADAM'S BROADCAST!" Dena tries to explain.

"WELL, IT'S NOT LIKE HE'S NEVER HEARD HIM TALK BEFORE!!" Emily yells.

"EMILY, SO HELP ME, IF YOU DON'T SHUT UP, I WILL PICK YOUR ASS UP AND CARRY YOU OUT OF THIS HOUSE!" Tim shouts in a low booming voice.

"UH, EXCUSE ME!!" Avi yells from the doorway of the kitchen. "SORRY TO INTERRUPT THIS SIBLING DISAGREEMENT! GOD KNOWS, I'VE HAD PLENTY WITH MY SIBLINGS! BUT, TIM, THAT VOLUME IS WILTING THE TOMATO PLANTS!" Avi chuckles.

"AVI, WILL YOU POLITELY ESCORT MY ANNOYING SISTER OUTSIDE?! LET HER TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR CUCUMBER!" Tim growls.

"Oh, my lord." Dena says softly with a giggle as she covers her ears.

"MY PLEASURE, MR. MAYOR! SHE CAN TAKE PICTURES OF MY CUCUMBER ANYTIME!" Avi chuckles as he wiggles his eyebrows.

"AVI." Tim scolds but couldn't help but laugh when he realized what he had said sounded so vulgar and of course, Avi had his comeback.

"EWWW, THAT'S DISGUSTING!" Emily says as she makes a sour expression.

"THAT'S NOT WHAT JENIKA SAID!" Avi replies with an offensive look on his face.

"ON SECOND THOUGHT, I WOULD LOVE TO GET SOME PICTURES OF THE GREENHOUSE BUT KEEP YOUR CUCUMBER TO YOURSELF!" Emily giggles as she grabs her camera and follows Avi out of the house.

"TIMMY?" Dena calls to get her son's attention. She then points to the radio. "DOWN PLEASE?"

"OH!." Tim says before reaching over and turning down the volume some. "Sorry." He adds as he leans back in his chair giving her a shy smile.

********

Until next time... ✌️