Chapter 35

"Ho.ly sh*t." Tim whispers as he peeks out from behind the curtain.

The bar was packed!! His anxiety was through the roof. It had been a while since he had performed on stage. What was this crowd expecting to see tonight? Would they accept him as the new singer? Would they like his music?

He bit at his fingernails as his eyes scan the crowd for his friends and family. He needed their support more now than ever. He spots the gang with his mom and sister sitting at a large table near the stage. But, no Adam yet.

"There's no reason for you to be so nervous, Tim." Chris says as he tunes his guitar.

"Oh. Really?" Tim replies in a sarcastic manner as he steps away from the curtain.

"Yes, really." Chris chuckles. "They're gonna love you."

"Orrr, they could chew me up and spit me out." Tim says, nervously running a hand through his hair.

"How you guys doing?" Reba asks as she enters the backstage area.

"Oh, we're doing fine but can't say the same for our singer." Brian chuckles.

"A little nervous, Timmy?" Reba asks with a smile.

"A LOT nervous, Reba." Tim answers as he paces the floor.

"Hun, this crowd is just a bunch of old country folk that loves good music." Reba says as she takes him by the arm to stop his pacing and begins to straighten the collar of his jacket. "And they're gonna get exactly what they came to hear. Great music."

"It's just that it's been a while since I've performed." Tim says as he takes a calming breath.

"Just like riding a bike, Sweetie." Reba smiles as she gently pats him on the cheek. "Oh, by the way, I just saw a very handsome blonde come running in." She adds with a smirk on her lips.

"Good." Tim nods with a smile. "I was hoping he'd make it on time."

"You boys have five minutes before showtime." Reba says before turning to leave. "Break a leg."

~~

"HOW Y'ALL DOING TONIGHT!!??" Reba yells over the cheering of the rowdy crowd. "BOY, DO WE HAVE A TREAT FOR YOU TONIGHT!! WE ARE DEBUTING OUR NEW LEAD SINGER!! I'VE HEARD THIS MAN SING AND I KNOW Y'ALL ARE GOING TO LOVE HIM!! HE'S MOVED HERE ALL THE WAY FROM SOUTHEAST TEXAS!! SO I WANT ALL YOU GUYS TO SHOW HIM THAT WE NEVADIANS CAN MAKE JUST AS MUCH NOISE AS THOSE TEXANS!! RIGHT??"

The crowd cheers even louder.

"LADIES? NOT ONLY CAN THIS MAN SING BUT HE'S ALSO VERY PLEASING TO THE EYES!" Reba smiles and nods as the ladies begin to whoop and holler.

"My heart is beating out of my chest." Adam chuckles as he leans over and speaks to Dena.

"Mine too." Dena nods with a giggle.

"NOW, HE IS A LITTLE NERVOUS SO I WANT YOU ALL TO MAKE HIM FEEL WELCOME!!" Reba says. "IT'S MY PLEASURE TO INTRODUCE TO YOU, TIM FOUST AND THE SOURDOUGH BAND!!"

Tim takes a deep breath before he and the band walk out on the stage. The crowds cheering and clapping were deafening. He sits down at his keyboard and glances nervously around at the crowd while the band gets set up.

"How y'all doing?" Tim asks with a smile. Purposely dropping his voice to a lower tone.

The crowd goes wild.

Tim glances down at his lover as he lays his hands on the keyboard. Adam smiles sweetly up at him and gives him a supporting nod.

"You guys ready?" Tim asks, glancing over his shoulder.