Chapter 33

It's Wednesday. Tim would be making his singing debut at the Sourdough Saloon tomorrow night. He was a nervous wreck. He and the band had been working hard and had everything planned out. But would the crowd accept him as Carrie's replacement?

He sat at his keyboard working on a new song. He had learned years ago that when his anxiety level rose, that writing was his best way of dealing with it.

Adam was in their bedroom collecting the clothes he would be wearing to work. His phone signals a text. He smiles as he reads it. He gives a quick reply before heading to the living room.

The blonde didn't want to interrupt or break Tim's focus, so he quietly walks up behind him. Leaning over he kisses his lover's cheek.

"I'm going to go take a shower." He whispers softly.

"Okay." Tim nods as he gives him a quick smile before returning to his work.

"Be back in a bit." He says with a slight smirk as he turns and walks out of the house.

Tim sings softly to himself as he plays what he had written so far. He stops and starts to write the next line just as there is a knock on the door.

"It's open!" He calls out, thinking it was one of their friends, he continues to write.

He gives an annoyed huff as there is another knock. 

"What the hell. I'm trying to work here." He grumbles as he pitches down his pencil and lays his glasses aside. Maybe Adam had accidentally locked the door when leaving. He gets up from the piano stool and goes to open the door.

"SURPRISE!!!"

"Mom?" His startled expression was quickly replaced with a smile as he sees his mom and sister standing on the front porch. Adam was standing behind them with a huge grin on his face.

"Hey, Sweetheart." Dena says as she throws her arms around her son's neck.

"What are y'all doing here? How did you find the place?" Tim asks as he leans down to hug his mom.

"You can thank your boyfriend for that." Emily smiles as she takes her turn at hugging her brother. 

"He called us about a week ago and told us about you getting a singing job in town. We couldn't miss out on your big debut." Dena adds as she slips her arm around his waist.

"Wow, this is quite a surprise." Tim chuckles as he runs a hand through his hair. 

"I hope you don't mind me inviting them." Adam says as he stood behind Tim's family, still holding his change of clothes.

"No, not at all. Thank you, Baby." Tim smiles as he hugs his lover.

"This is some place you have here." Emily says as she looks around their little community. "It's beautiful."

"And this house, is it made of bottles?" Dena asks as she steps closer to get a better look.

"Strangely, yeah." Tim chuckles.

"Sweetie, I'm going to take my shower now. You can give your mom and sis the grand tour." Adam says, giving Tim a quick kiss before walking away.

"Y'all come on in." Tim says, finally stepping back into the house.

"Oooo, I love this." Dena says as looks around.

"We chose the house we wanted. Adam fell in love with this one so here we are." Tim says, glancing around the room. "It's only one bedroom but that's all we needed."