Chapter 31

Tim looks at himself in the mirror of the shower room. With shaking hands he buttons up the red plaid shirt that Adam picked out. What if they didn't like his voice or his music? This was his only hope to find a job doing what he loved to do.

He let's go of a nervous breath as he runs his hand through his slightly damp hair.

"TIM!! TIM!!" Adam shouts as he runs through the station toward the showers.

Tim turns quickly and heads for the door but meets Adam as he is running in.

"What! What's wrong?!" Tim asks as Adam throws his arms around his lover's neck, giving him a tight hug.

"Nothing is wrong. Everything is great." Adam giggles as he places a kiss on the brunette's cheek.

"So you just enjoy giving me a heart attack? I'm a nervous wreck as it is." Tim says.

"I've got great news! The station called. I have to be there at 10:30 for an interview with the station manager." Adam says with a huge grin.

"Baby, that's awesome!" Tim says as he grabs the blonde and swings him around.

"Wow, you look very, and I mean, VERY handsome." Adam smiles as he fixes Tim's collar.

"I just hope they don't see how bad I'm shaking." Tim replies as he crams his hands into his pockets.

"Awww, honey, from what I heard last night? You're gonna blow them away." Adam says softly as he rubs his thumb across his lover's cheek. "I was I could be there to see it."

"Well, I need to go. I definitely don't want to be late for my audition. And you don't want to be late for yours. Listen, meet me at the diner afterward for lunch, alright?" Tim says as they walk out of the train station and toward their vehicles.

"Will do and try not to worry, okay?" Adam says, giving Tim a quick kiss.

"I'll try. Good luck with your interview. You got this." Tim smiles at his lover before getting into his truck.

"You do too." Adam says with a wave as the brunette starts his truck.

Tim pulls up in front of the Sourdough Saloon about fifteen minutes early. He needed a little extra time to calm his nerves. He takes a deep breath as he lays his head over on the steering wheel.

He jumps as someone taps on the driver side window.

"Hey, didn't mean to startle you." The man wearing glasses smiles as Tim rolls down the window.

"It doesn't take much to startle me right now." Tim chuckles.

"Are you Tim?" The man asks. 

"Uh, yeah. Reba said for me to be here at ten." Tim says as he rolls up the window and gets out of the truck.

"I'm Chris. Chris Chatham. I'm in the band. The other guys are already inside." Chris smiles. "Come on inside."

Chris leads him around the saloon to the back door.

"I like your voice. Super deep." Chris says as they walk inside.

"Thanks." Tim replies as he follows Chris through the closed bar. He could hear a guitar playing inside the bar area.

"Hey, guys?" Chris calls out to the two guys on the stage. "This is Tim."

"Glad to meet you, Tim. I'm Brian." The blonde says as he walks over to shake Tim's hand.

"Pleased to meet you." Tim smiles and nods.

"That's some voice you got there." The guy wearing the baseball cap chuckles as he walks over. "I'm Henry."