Chapter 7

The reunited lovers cried onto each other's shoulder as Jenika and the man stood silently and watched.

"I'm Jenika." She says quietly, holding out her hand.

"Stephen." The man smiles and shakes her hand. "It's good to finally meet you guys."

"Finally meet us?" Jenika asks.

"That's Tim, right?" Stephen asks and was answered by a nod from Jenika. "He was all Adam talked about once he came out of his coma. It all sounded crazy but I wanted to believe him. My wife, on the other hand, is ready to have him put in a mental institution."

"No, Mr. Rupp, Adam's not crazy. If he is then we all are." Jenika says with a soft smile.

"Dad? This is Tim. The guy that saved me." Adam says with a sniff as he gently caresses Tim's cheek.

Adam leaves Tim's embrace and grabs Jenika into a tight hug and begins to cry again.

Tim wipes his tears as he smiles nervously at Stephen. 

"I was just telling the young lady that it was good to finally meet you guys. I've heard all about you." Stephen smiles as he shakes Tim's hand.

"Mom thinks I'm crazy." Adam says, wiping his eyes as he stood next to Jenika with his arm around her waist.

"I can't explain what we've all experienced, Mr. Rupp. But Adam is definitely not crazy." Tim says. "Finding Adam was the only thing I could think about."

"What about the others? Have you been able to find them?" Adam asks as he walks back over to Tim and sliding his arm around his waist.

"My mom is searching for Austin, Chance and Kevin. Since they're on this side of the country. The others are around the California area except for Chris, who is from Colorado. I know all of their last names except for Chris." Tim says, slightly shaking his head. "I'm really confused on his."

"Maybe I can help you out." Stephen says after clearing his throat. "Won't you come in?"

Adam smiles as he takes Tim's hand and reaches for Jenika's, leading them into the house.

"Have a seat." Stephen says. "Could I get you all something to drink?"

"Maybe some water?" Tim asks. His nerves had caused his throat to become as dry as Death Valley.

"Nothing for me, thank you." Jenika smiles as she takes a seat.

Adam sits down on the couch, pulling Tim with him.

"God, I've missed you." Adam smiles as he brushes back Tim's hair and kisses him softly.

"How are you doing? Are you okay?" Tim asks with a concerned voice.

"Yeah, I'm fine. There were no vital organs hit by the bullet. They had me in a drug-induced coma to give my body time to heal. I had gone into shock from losing a lot of blood." Adam answers. "What about you?" He asks as he reaches up and rubs the scar on Tim's forehead.

"They had me on life-support for almost three weeks. They begin weaning me off of it. Luckily, there was no damage to the brain. The doctor said that I'll probably be plagued with bad headaches but other than that I'm fine." Tim says.

Adam looks at Jenika as if to silently ask her how she was.

"I'm fine. Just a nasty scar by my titty." She says with a grin.

They fall silent as Mr. Rupp enters the room.

"My wife, Cindy, is at work so maybe we can talk in peace. Tim, I have some information that might help you find Chris. Information that Adam doesn't even know." Stephen says as he hands Tim his water.