Chapter 10: teaching Hux

Hux got back from interrogating the Resistance pilot. It was no use he wouldn't say a thing, not even about the other topic he questioned about. Maybe if Anna questioned him he'd talk  he thought. He made his way back to his office to do some more paperwork that needed to be done before his dance lesson.

~~~After an hour or so~~~

"Sir you shouldn't stress out about dancing so much," she stated while doing paperwork, staring at the screen. Hux glanced over at her, "I'm not stressed about it."
"Yes you are sir, I can feel it," she gave him the it's obvious look. Hux let out an annoyed groan "Alright, maybe a little but don't mention it again."

Hux kept glancing over at her, she looked calm and at peace even if she's working, it was strange. He kept her words in his head "I can feel it," what did she mean by that?

Anna got up to deliver some papers to her spies, Hux didn't even notice, he was on his train of thoughts completely distracted. Today, is the first day of my dance lessons and I only had 3 days to perfect it so I don't look like a fool in front of our most powerful ally.

Hux clocked out and made his way to Anna's quarters. She moved around her furniture so there was plenty of space on the floor. Hux noticed her moving the last table and decided to help her, she only just now noticed him. "Good evening Hux," She said in quite a formally strict fashion. "Evening An..." he stopped himself, he remembered the rules "Evening Ma'am."

She felt pretty pleased with herself, "Let's begin the lesson then." Hux just noticed she was wearing a dress, it was rather unusual but it made sense, the Queen would be wearing a dress.

The dress was ice-blue coming down just short of her knees. It was sleeveless and it made her look enchanting, it flowed with her every movement. She wasn't wearing shoes and there was actually no need to, the floor was so clean you could see your reflection in it.

Hux took off his jacket and undid his top button. Anna walked over to a music box she asked Alex to build out of spare parts, he found on missions, and tested if it works. The music kept playing to Anna's delight which caused her to clasp her hands in eagerness. She didn't dance in a while and even if she does it's not often.

She walked over to Hux, "Now, this is a fairly basic dance, the Queen chooses it because everyone in the galaxy knows it, it's pretty region neutral." Hux nodded taking mental notes. "Now give me this hand and the other one goes on my waist," she said blankly, putting her hand in his. Hux just looked at her with wide eyes, her waist? He wasn't used to such physical contact with a woman!

"My waist Hux!" Her voice was harsher now but not displeasing to hear. He obeyed, not wanting to displease her further. She guided him through the steps on the constant count of 1,2,3,1,2,3.

Hux tried his best to not sleep on her feet, she didn't have any shoes on after all. "Eyes up here Hux!" She dictated, he couldn't be looking at his feet the whole time, he had to learn.

The music sped up to a normal waltz speed, Hux couldn't keep up which made Anna pull away. Hux was confused, "Ma'am?"
"Hands out in front of you, now!" She demanded. When he obliged, they got hit with a jockey whip, it stung really bad but he tried not to show it. He looked at his red hands then back at her. "Keep up," was all that she said after giving him a cold glare.

Hux was questioning what was going on, she said she'd teach him like she was when she was younger. It must've been horrible from what he's experiencing now, but now he was thinking that if that's a light punishment he doesn't want to know what a big one is.

They went back to dancing, he tried his best to keep up but still managed to slip up and get a few more hits with the bloody whip. She did say she'd have to loose all respect for him but he had no idea what she was capable of.

Hux grew tired it was 0600 hours already, they've been at this all night. His feet were giving up, much to his surprise Anna dismissed him without much said afterwards.

He just left, he wanted to get at least half hour sleep before working. He just collapsed onto his bed and fell asleep with pain coursing through his feet and hands.

A/N: more dance lessons coming up!