Chapter 20: lazy mornings

The sun shone through the glass door meeting the bed and Anna's face. She slowly opened her eyes, blinking a few times to adjust her eyes to the bright light. She was still laying on Hux's chest, feeling it rise and fall as he breathed softly in his sleep.

He was holding her tightly in a protective-like manner, this made her smile but trying to get out of his grip was impossible. His eyes fluttered open soon after with an annoyed groan following due to the brightness outside. When his eyes adjusted he looked down at her chuckling at his awakening. "Good morning," she said softly. "Morning" he replied before his mind even processed what happened last night.

Once his mind began to wake up flashbacks of their activities came flooding back to him, reddening his cheeks. He covered his eyes with his arm and let out another groan, he was embarrassed. He never thought he'd get into an actual relationship any time soon, let alone with royalty, yet here he was nude in bed with a Queen who is his personal assistant to add to that list.

He tried to think straight but his mind was completely clouded, unable to think of anything else than how Anna felt last night, what she looked like, sounded like, tasted like. Ugh I'll go to hell for this he thought.

Anna sat up, covering her bare chest with the duvet, pouring a glass of water and summoning it over to her hand with the Force. After taking a sip she let out a sigh, grabbing the generals attention immediately.

"You're regretting this, aren't you," she said sounding a little hurt as she just stared ahead, "I can sense it." Hux found himself speechless, he completely forgot she could read minds or at the very least sense emotions. "No I'm not, I just," he sighed "I just didn't think I'd ever want an actual relationship." He gave himself a moment to think. "Couldn't you just read my mind to know that?" He asked, he knew Ren could so what would stop her. "I prefer not to invade peoples private space, someone's mind is sacred, in my opinion, so unless it's absolutely necessary I usually choose not to do so," She replied blankly.
"Have you ever read my mind?" He asked without thinking really, even considering his early work hours, he had to admit he didn't think straight in the morning usually. "Forgive me but I have, only once," she looked down ashamed, she never planned to lie to him. "When?"
"I had a moment of weakness I wasn't thinking, to be fair, I just wanted to know what your first name was, my apologies," she answered a little embarrassed.

Hux gave this a moment of thought, he was right he never properly introduced himself to her, he never really did to anyone just a simple general Hux was usually enough. "I'm kind of glad you did actually," he smirked earning a confused look from the Queen next to him. "Hearing you moan my name as you came was pretty sexy," he teased. She blushed furiously, her jaw dropped completely as she turned her head away.

Hux let out a laugh, he never really saw her embarrassed or showing many emotions at all for that matter, except occasional happiness.

Eventually he sat up and got off the bed to get dressed, they couldn't stay like this all day, today was the day he was going back to the Finalizer but he wasn't sure if Anna was going to leave her people and go with him again. Although she did last time on the moon, she was willing to stay with them and abandon her position if need be.

As he finished putting on his jacket he saw Anna was doing her hair into an elegant up-do. Her dress was very similar to yesterday's, it still had a Jedi-ish vibe but it was very pale purple. Her crown still sat on her forehead with the jewel glistening in the sun coming from the door. She looked like a celestial goddess to Hux, absolutely stunning.

"Shall we head for breakfast Hux?" She asked just as she finished doing her hair and stood up. "Yes we should," he smiled "and since you know my first name anyway feel free to call me by it." She raised an eyebrow at him with a smirk. "Alright Armitage," she stressed his name as she said it reddening his cheeks slightly with the gesture.

She reached for the door control panel to open it but Hux beat her to it. "After you your highness," he said with a bow. "Thank you general," she said walking past him allowing him to follow her around the maze that was the Palace.

When they made their way to the dining hall breakfast was waiting for them at a grand, marble table. They ate something that looked quite culturally traditional to Hux but he was no expert, it was delicious nonetheless.

After breakfast they took a walk around the city, Hux was surprised that there were no Palace guards with them but then he noticed Anna had her lightsaber clipped to her belt.

Whenever they walked past someone they'd stop and bow to their Queen, Hux wasn't used to the gesture but could certainly get used to it if he wanted to. Anna would acknowledge them, smile and bow her head a little, as a sign of appreciation.

"I do hope you don't look at me differently Armitage, I'm still the same Anna you know," she said noticing anxiety and uneasiness in his Force signature. "I don't think of you differently, I was just wondering if you're coming back to work on the Finalizer," he said trying to stay composed. "Of course I'm coming back, why do you ask?" Was her answer.
"I thought you'd stay with your people, you're a Queen after all."
"Yes but I still have somethings to take care off, so I'm coming with you, plus I sense that you'll need my help in the near future," she announced.

Hux looked at her, he was quite relieved she was coming back with him but was slightly anxious about what kind of help they will need from her. For now he tried to put it aside.

~~A few hours later~~

Hux was getting ready to leave for the Finalizer, the ship was almost loaded; he was ready to go but he was just waiting on Anna who, as if on call, came soon after the last crate was loaded on.

She, unsurprisingly, was in her uniform ready to go back to work as his assistant. Behind her was a squadron of, what Hux presumed to be spies. They looked like ninjas with the First Order emblem on their shoulders. "General meet Squad 666, one of Nebula's finest camouflage squads, hand picked by myself to join the spies on the Finalizer," Anna announced which made Hux rather impressed. "Greetings," he said coldly, "Get aboard, were leaving immediately."
"Yes sir!" They yelled in unison, saluting him before marching aboard the ship.

Anna walked on behind them with her hands behind her back, stopping next to Hux. "Just so they don't think you came back empty handed," she said giving him a discreet smirk before walking on board. Hux followed behind her.

Soon they were on their way back to the Finalizer.

A/N: sorry this chapter took a little long because I was so uninspired to write it so sorry if it's bad. I was more inspired to start another fanfic which I'm gonna publish after this one (it's an obitine one of you've watched the clone wars) but I will finish this one first I promise. Hope you enjoyed ^^