Chapter 5: lets start the torture

Anna was in the office early. Hux walked in without expecting her to be there and was caught off guard. "Good morning sir," she said respectively. He nodded and replied with a good morning to you too.

Hux couldn't help but notice dark circles forming under Anna's eyes. She's worked 2 jobs for 2 weeks now and everyday she seemed to work more and harder giving him around 15 to 20 early reports a day. He questioned if she even slept by this point but a lack of sleep didn't seem to bother her working standard, which was odd to say the least. It doesn't seem normal.

He observed her for a moment before working, he was curious. She seemed like the perfect worker.

The door slid open revealing the general's hated Kylo Ren. He walked over to Anna's desk, she looked up at him and he raised his eyebrows. He frowned slightly "What happened to you?" He asked, she looked terrible, absolutely sleep deprived. Her eyes widened, what was he on about? "Nothing, I'm fine," she said and gave him a fake smile.

Hux could tell he was trying to read her mind yet he seemed to be struggling. Is he failing? How? She looked calm but Ren looked frustrated, then stopped. He gave Anna some papers before storming off. She just flicked through the papers and sipped her tea before realising the mug was empty.

"Sir..." he looked up at her "may I go get another cup of tea?" He put down his papers and leaned back on his chair. "Of course, I'll have one too, if you could." She nodded and walked out. Hux didn't want to admit he gave up coffee, he became quite fond of Anna's tea, that became the reason why he gave it up.

She walked back in slowly, not wanting to spill the tea. Hux got up from his seat, took his mug and walked back to his seat. His gesture seemed rather pointless to Anna but she wondered if he was trying to be polite considering she was struggling a bit. Now that she gave it a thought it seemed likely and she appreciated his efforts.

With Anna, Hux decided to take a different approach when it comes to treating a worker. Since she was his assistant keeping her morale high would mean better work from her, especially with the potential she showed him with her reports. He decided to experiment this approach on her to see if it could work on others.

The day went by same as always: writing reports, sending them to Hux, taking papers to spies, etc. She decided to go train for a bit as she actually felt like she was out of shape. When she was a Spy Commander she could be at the gym training for hours, and now she just has too much work to do.

She walked in, there was no one there. Of course they're all working on their last minute reports! She thought. They always left it for the last minute, unlike her. She always advised them otherwise but those spies like to procrastinate yet she made it clear late reports would be a punishable offence.

After so long she could have a proper workout, she smirked. She took a training sword and twirled it in her hand and turned on the training droid. This particular droid was made to give real life simulations at any given difficulty and, of course, she put it on the highest one like she used to. She craved an adrenaline rush like back in the good old days.

The droids eyes turned red, after announcing its difficulty level it lunged at her, but she was quick enough to block the attack. The sound of clanking training swords filled the room. (They were metal but the blade was round and blunt.)

Anna swept the sweat off her brow, calculating her next move. She ran towards the droid and swung her sword towards it before thrusting it at the droids chest. She kept at it, before she defeated the droid several minutes later. She was pleased with herself, she wasn't as out of shape as she thought. Clapping could be heard over her light panting, she had no idea who it could be it was well past 2300 hours.

She turned around, her eyes widened in shock, Hux was leaning against the door frame clapping and smirking at her. "Good show Cromwell," he said in what seemed a genuine tone of voice. Anna was frozen, he caught her red handed, training. Damn it!

Hux walked towards the beaten up droid, examining the attacks he's taken. He then looked back at her, "You're the Spy Master aren't you?" She was in shock, he's heard of the title she was called! (No one ever saw the Spy Master without some sort of disguise but they never wield blasters)One of them at least, but to be honest she shouldn't be surprised that name was feared in the whole galaxy. Anna realised she hasn't said a word and simply nodded as if ashamed. Hux raised an eyebrow, he had no idea why she would be ashamed of a title that's feared in the whole galaxy. "I guess you want answers concerning that sir."
"Yes, but it's a bit late I understand if you want to rest," he pointed out but Anna shook her head. "I don't mind if you don't sir, it'll be easier to get this over and done with quickly"

He nodded in agreement and waited for Anna to grab her jacket. He only just now noticed how low cut her tank top was, it exposed her cleavage and hugged her curves. Now he felt stupid why was he even bothered? Why was he even looking?! He mentally cursed himself and followed behind her in silence before reaching the door of her quarters.

A/N: bet he had a nice view on that last bit XD