Chapter 23: Emperor Hux

~~A few months later~~

Hux was crowned the Emperor of the First Order after his success in defeating the Resistance. All opposition to the First Order was officially gone and its supporters could only cheer for Hux's efforts.

Anna was beside him every step of the way, to the point of revealing who she was to everyone in the First Order to prove she knows how to rule and can teach him, and was now considered an even more powerful ally, as if she wasn't that already. She knew that soon she'd have to return to her planet because her work on the Finalizer was now complete. She didn't really want to leave because that meant leaving Hux.

By this point she grew closer to him being the only person he could fully trust about anything now that he had to keep a strong image, and who he could be casual with, not to mention the nights they spent together. Due to this she didn't want to leave but it wasn't for her to decide.

Today was her last day on the Finalizer before going back. Hux had just finished another public rally on a supporting planet and a rally at her's was next. She sighed, she wanted to stay by his side forever but with deep sorrow she had to put that dream aside. For her people. In honour of the First Order, today she wore a dress that was crimson and black but in its usual, traditional Nebulan style. Since she revealed herself, Hux insisted she dressed the part and always kept her lightsaber with her at all times. Just in case.

As she walked across the obsidian halls she bumped into the Emperor himself. "Oh, my lady I do apologise," he said trying not to let a blush creep onto his cheeks. "It's quite alright Emperor, it was my fault I wasn't paying attention, my apologies," she corrected trying to keep calm. They haven't talked about what would happen to them, in relationship terms, after the war was all over. There was simply no time for it.

All of this made their occasional non-private encounters awkward and in private they usually collapsed into bed together from exhaustion, rarely having the time to spend time together.Stabilising the Order after the war was difficult which exhausted them both.

"Anna, I've been meaning to talk to you, may I ask you to be at my quarters at 1900 hours?" He asked politely. "Of course Armitage, in fact I was just about to ask you the same thing," she replied and they parted ways once again.

Anna was on her way to the hangar to check if the ship loading is going smoothly. "Your majesty!" A voice said coming from behind her. She recognised it as Cody's, "Yes?" She asked.
"Loading is going well but I must ask for your belongings to load them on," he requested with a bow. "Feel free to go into my quarters and get them yourself, everything is there. Just don't pack the blue dress I'll wear it tomorrow." She replied before walking away again. If loading was going smoothly she might as well do something else.

Hux was in his office working and informing the crew of the plans for the next week. He couldn't get Anna off his mind, he wasn't sure what to do. Of course he wanted to stay with her but he didn't know how it would work out with him needing to constantly travel and her staying on Nebula. He sighed, he just wanted his shift to end.

The long awaited moment came for Armitage as he walked down the obsidian halls of the Finalizer to his quarters. To his surprise Anna was already there, laying on his sofa taking a nap. He smiled, he was so caught up in his work he didn't realise how much work she had trying to help him.

He strode over silently and knelt down on one knee, poking her cheek gently, with his index finger, to try and get her to wake up. She stirred a little before, finally, grabbed his hand and turned to him. "I'm awake!" She announced in order to get him to stop, he just chuckled and stood up.

Anna sat up, rubbing her eyes a little and making room for the redhead on the sofa. "Had a nice nap there? On my sofa," He asked in a playful tone. "I did until you woke me," she replied. Then a silence followed, neither of them knowing what to say.

Hux decided he would start, he invited her here after all. "So..." he began "I've been thinking about us recently, and I wanted to know what you think of the situation." Anna examined his face for a second before speaking. "You could come with me. You could stay with me on Nebula if you made it the First Order's capital," she suggested trying not to sound desperate. "I just don't want to put you or your people in danger. The Order needs you, I need you!" He objected. "Armitage, me and my people are fighters! We've been trained by our ancestors in their ancient combat arts. They're unpredictable and dangerous to decipher, we're stronger than you think," she stated, "we can take care of ourselves," she added.

Hux looked at her, he didn't take it as her being defensive, Anna's not like that, but he knew by now he was just making excuses to not make Nebula the capital, to keep his love safe. He sighed in defeat, "Very well then, Nebula will be the capital." Before he could do anything else Anna already had her arms wrapped around him. "So you're staying with me?" She asked almost pleading him to say yes. He smiled and instead of answering he gave her a passionate kiss on the lips.

He almost forgot how kissing her felt like, how her lips felt against his. They've been apart because of work for so long. His hands snaked around the small of her back as he began to fall backward, hitting his head on the arm-rest as it happened.

He sucked in a sharp breath, rubbing the spot on the back of his head. Anna was hovering over him with a worried look on her face. "Are you alright?" She asked to which he nodded.
"I'd happily do that again if it meant getting another kiss," he said with a wink. Anna knew exactly what he meant. "But the departure is tomorrow, we won't be up in time," she objected playfully. "We will, don't panic," he said playfully as he took her in for another heated kiss.

She knew she could try teasing him with excuses again but it wouldn't work. She wants this too.