Chapter 10: strength

Hux nodded and walked over to the spy. He grabbed a nearby blaster and strode over to the targets.

Anna was right next to him, switching on the targets and leaning the rifle-like blaster on her shoulder. She took a deep breath and aimed for the target with, what Hux thought, were cold, dead eyes, he only saw once before. Her eyes looked like the death if a million souls, it felt like staring death in the eyes.

She fired her blaster hitting the middle of each moving target, even though Hux was a good shooter himself, he was impressed, especially that Anna's primary weapon.

Hux also focused on the targets, firing for the middle flawlessly every time. Hux wasn't usually in any "heat of battle" moments but he decided that he should be prepared. Just in case so he'd train every now and then.

Suddenly, Anna turned, pointing her blaster at the door before it slid open. The hallway was dark and there didn't seem to be anyone at the door, "Show yourself, I know you're there!" She yelled. Hux put down his blaster, as much as he trusted her judgement, there was no one there.

Anna shot into the darkness, there was a cry of pain following. The general ran over to the door, it was a resistance pilot. Anna pointed a blaster at his head, he didn't move a muscle as his pistol-like blaster was right next to Hux's feet.

"What are you doing here rebel scum?" She interrogated. "Anna-Maria this isn't you! You're not like them! Your parents wouldn't have wanted this!" He dodged the question, holding his bleeding leg. "Shut up bastard! You betrayed us, simple." She stepped onto his leg letting him whimper from pain again. Hux examined her and the pilot taking slight pleasure out of seeing him in pain.

Hux saw yet another side of Anna, a brutal, strong and intimidating side. He thought he understood why she was The Spy Master and why she was sent here. She took her belt off and bound his hands. She yanked him by his collar to get up before kicking him in the back so he would walk. Hux followed her, he also wanted to interrogate the new prisoner and make sure his cell is well guarded.

Anna roundhouse kicked him into a cell and closed it. She assigned 2 spies to watch over him, they wouldn't betray her, they shared the hatred of the Resistance along with the rest of Nebula. Hux instructed stormtroopers to put extra security on the prisoner before being interrogated in the morning.

Hux walked next to her, she seemed too calm for the situation thrown at her. That pilot mentioned her parents, what he said was stuck in his head and he'd certainly be questioned on that information. He decided to break the awkward situation. "How did you know he was there? He didn't trigger the alarms and was shielded by darkness" Hux asked looking at Anna's dead eyes. She sighed "I heard foot steps, they were too light to be trooper boots so I had a hunch." She lied, the force warned her of his presence but she couldn't tell him that. Hux put a hand on her shoulder "Good job then, no wonder you're the Spy Master."

As much as she liked the feared general being nice to her, she couldn't help but wonder why. Why was he so nice to her and so cold to everyone else? Is it because she's his assistant and he didn't want awkward situations or was it because he wants to use her for the good of the First Order and it's something so dangerous she might not agree? She had no idea and that frustrated her.

She was taken out of her thoughts when she heard the general in question speak "I'll be going to Nebula in 3 days to meet the Queen personally and get some supplies, you'll come with me as a guide since you worked there." He stated changing the subject to Anna's thankfulness. "Well sir you'll need to be prepared, the Queen likes to dance with high rank visitor she gets," she chuckled, she knew she liked doing that and won't let Hux go without doing so.

She glanced over at Hux, who's mouth was agape. "What?" She asked.
"You weren't serious about the dancing were you?" He asked trying to hide his nerves."I'm serious, it's tradition," she replied. He let a quiet curse pass his lips and that caught Anna's attention, it wasn't like him to swear out loud. "Is there a problem?" She asked. "I..." he cleared his throat, "I can't dance." Anna rolled her eyes, he was being adorable... then she cursed herself for thinking that. "That's not a problem, get someone to teach you," she suggested. "Like who? First of all, it's embarrassing to ask such a stupid yet important request, second, how can I find someone on such short notice?" He pointed out causing Anna to eye roll yet again. "Consider it done sir," she answered, he raised an eyebrow. "But you must know that I'd have to loose all respect for you, teach you mercilessly like I was taught as a child. Oh and from now on it's Ma'am, understood?"

Hux's eyes widened and he stopped in his tracks how dare she talk to me like that! "I beg your pardon?"
"You heard me, I'll teach you like I was taught but you have to agree to those terms," she said crossing her arms looking him dead in the eye.

Hux felt the need to straighten his posture from her tone of voice, "Yes ma'am," he said in a military protocol manner. He had no idea why he did that yet he did.