Sope

AU: The first thing your soulmate says to you is engraved on your left wrist.

“Jimin! Shh! Turn your phone off!We’re gonna get kicked out!”

“Can they? Isn’t this a school library? They can’t kick us out, right?”

“I can’t believe you... You’re such a freshman...”

Jimin pouted at the elder’s comment. “I am not! And what are you? A Junior?”

Hoseok sweatdropped and set down his bag. “I’m a senior...” he muttered.

“Alright, fine– Oh cool, there is a vibrate mode for this app.”

Hoseok shook his head at his ‘puppy,’ aka Jimin. True, Jimin had friends in his grade but he preferred to study with people who knew what they were doing (also known as... The upperclassmen he likes to bug). He couldn’t ask Namjoon today, because apparently he had a date. Jin wouldn’t answer his phone either.

So, the responsibility of tutoring Jimin came to Hoseok.

“Take out your book, I guess...” Hoseok mumbled, pointing his pencil to the paper. “I have dance class in an hour.”

Jimin blinked, surprised. “You still go?”

Hoseok nodded enthusiastically. “Of course I do!” he half-shouted. He regretted it immediately. A boy who looked around the same age as Hoseok glared over from the top of the bookshelf, literally setting the poor senior’s face on fire.

“I-I’m sorry!” Hoseok called over before hiding behind his book. “Ah... I hope he doesn’t kill me...”

Jimin glanced behind him. “I dunno, he just went back to looking at the shelf. Could you help me on number seven?” he asked, resuming the conversation normally.

Hoseok nodded quickly, trying to forget the incident. “Which question’s the problem?”

“I’m supposed to use this equation but I’m not getting a clear ans... wer...” Jimin began, trailing off as he stared behind Hoseok’s head.

He gave Jimin a confused look. “What are you looking at?” he asked, turning around. He squeaked in surprise at the person behind him, it was the guy who had given him a look earlier.

Hoseok gulped. "Um... hello. I’m–"

"Was this you?" The boy questioned bluntly, pointing to his wrist.

He sent a “Help me!” look over to Jimin, only to be met with a mischievous smile as he pointed to Hoseok’s wrist.

“It totally was~”