Precarious Powers pt. 2

Part 2 of the Sope AU!

Warning, this chapter has some violence in it.

45% unstable.

It was finally the end of the day and I was exhausted. I totally forgot we had P.E. today, and I'm horrible at running.

"What's wrong Yoongi?"

His voice always soothes me.

41% unstable.

I exhaled. "Nothing really... I'm just tired."

"You must be, you went to the Heath room again today. Are you alright?"

I nodded.

I heard a familiar laugh behind us. "Look what we got here."

We turned around and saw Minori and his friends. 

Hoseok held my wrist. "Let's go Yoongi."

I nodded and the two of us kept walking. Two of Minori's friends stood in front of us, blocking our way.

Minori held his hand out. "Since you've stumbled in our way, why don't you lend us some cash?"

"We don't have money." I simply replied. 

Minori tilted his head. "Eh? Was that sass I heard?" He slapped my cheek. 

47% unstable.

Minori kicked me in the gut and I fell on the floor. He kicked me in the face, causing my nose to bleed.

"Yoongi!" Hoseok called out as he tried to help me up.

"You," Minori pointed at Hoseok, "Give me money."

He nervously shook his head. "I-I don't have any money on me– H-hey!!"

One of Minori's friends grabbed Hoseok's backpack and emptied it out on the ground. 

"There's no money here." The guy said.

Hoseok gathered his items and caught the bag that was thrown at his face. He was pushed onto the ground, and landed hard with a grunt.

Minori pointed at Hoseok and laughed with malice. "What a poor loser!"

61% unstable.

"Get up!" He cracked his knuckles with a smirk. "I'm not done having fun with you."

I wiped the blood from my nose. My hands were shaking as I tried to push myself off of the ground. His friends hovered over me and started to kick me over and over again. 

70% unstable.

Hoseok winced when the bully kicked him in the abdomen. "Stop crawling on the ground and get up!" 

I want to use it.... I want to protect Hoseok... 

But I'm afraid that I'll hurt Hoseok too.

What do I do?

79% unstable.

He finally got up from the floor and held his stomach. Hoseok was hit again but he didn't fall back down. 

"Why won't you just leave us alone?!" Hoseok cried out. 

"That would just be too boring." He punched Hoseok's cheek. Blood was spattered on the ground. 

85% unstable.

One of his friends pulled me up and spat in my face. 

My head was swarmed with too much emotions, I was starting to lose consciousness.

90% unstable.

I couldn't open my eyes...

92% unstable.

I need to protect Hoseok.

I felt a fist punch me in the face.

96% unstable.

Like an echo, I heard Hoseok crying. He needs my help.

99% unstable.

"Is he dead??" The guy asked.

"Punch him again." The other guy smirked.

The boy threw his fist at me again, but I caught it with my hand. I glared at him with red eyes.

100% unstable.

A red aura was radiating around me. My hair was floating as I squeezed his wrist.

He screamed in pain as I threw him down. The other boy yelled in fear and ran away.

I moved my hand to the left, causing the boy to be thrown into the tree.

Minori raised his fist again to punch Hoseok's face. Hoseok was pinned to the wall and covered his face.

Clenching my hand, I used my powers to stop the bully's fist.

Both of them were shocked. 

I growled loudly and moved Minori roughly to the other side, causing the brick wall to collapse.

Every step I took, poles, cars, trees and rubble would float in the air. I hovered over Minori aiming my hand at his face.

"N-no! P-p-please! I'm sorry!! Don't h-hurt me!!"

I raised my hand, controlling a car to hover over us.

"PLEASE!!! I-I'LL DO ANYTHING!" He begged.

I furrowed my brows and let the car get closer to him. I controlled the roots of a tree to emerge from the concrete, and held him in place.

"Yoongi! Stop!!!"

My eyes widened as I suddenly realized what I was doing.

I fell onto my knees and let everything fall. Tears started brimming my eyes.

Minori got out from the rubble and ran away.

I cried in shame and guilt on the road. Everything I destroyed slowly floated in the air around us.

Hoseok was by my side, hugging me.

"It's okay, it's alright," Hoseok held my face as my tears stained his hands. 

"I'm sorry...." I sniffled. "I'm sorry Hoseok..."

Hoseok held me tightly. "Just calm down, we're okay, I'm okay, you're okay."

"I'm a monster..."

Hoseok shook his head. "You're not a monster. You tried to save me and you went overboard a little." He softly chuckled at his understatement.

"Are you okay?" I spoke softly.

He slightly nodded. "I have a few injuries, but I'll be fine... When did you have those powers?"

"I was born with them..." I felt embarrassed of my gift.

Hoseok smiled. "If it wasn't for your powers, we'd be more beaten up than we are right now."

He suddenly pecked my cheek.

21% unstable.

My cheeks turned pink, as I froze on the spot.

"Thanks Yoongi."

I just nodded and had a small smile on my face. Everything that was floating slowly went back to where it was.

Hoseok helped me up, and we walked together to heal our injuries.

Today, I learned that I should never use my powers against others for my amusement or for other reasons. Letting myself loose destroys everything, and makes things worse. I shouldn't rely on my powers because I have them. The only acception I'll give myself is to protect the ones I love.

That includes Hoseok.