Namjin

AU: The first thing your soulmate says to you is engraved on your left wrist.

BigHit highschool, Seoul, Korea

“Agh, what a bad schedule...” Jin muttered to himself, looking over his class assignment paper. “I have gym right after lunch!”

He scowled and opened his locker. “I’m going to hate this school year.” Jin grumbled, taking out his algebra book for his next class.

“FUCKING SHIT, LOOK OUT!” A voice screamed, causing Jin to turn around–

Only for someone to crash straight into him.

“Are you hurt?” Jin asked the mystery boy, who groaned in response.

“I think I landed on my wrist... I knew I shouldn’t have tried to beat Yoongi to class, him and his damn skateboards...” he mumbled. 

Jin shook his head and stood up. “Come on, I’ll take you to the nurse’s office. My name’s Jin, by the way.”

“I’m Namjoon.” he replied. Jin held his hand out for Namjoon to stand.

“Oh, you’ve already found your soulmate?” Namjoon commented, taking Jin’s hand. “One of my friends– more like mortal enemy– just found his, and he won’t stop talking about this guy named Mark...”

Jin gave him a puzzled look. “What do you mean? I’m sin..gle...” his voice faded as he glanced to his hand.

“EH? WHAT? Wait a sec...” Jin grabbed Namjoon’s hand, turning it over so he could see it. At first, he looked at Jin in confusion, and his eyes widened in realization. Jin smiled for the first time all day.

Maybe, Jin thought to himself, this year wouldn’t be so bad.