Chapter 28

A/N: I just wanna say that I'm soooo sorry for not updating in forever. I feel really bad. Writer's block is awful. But here I am. I hope you like this chapter.

Tris POV

It's been a few hours since my simulation where I had to experience my parents and one of my best friends dying for the second time, and I feel like it won't be the last.

I walk through the Pit, towards my boyfriend's apartment. Tobias said that he found something and this might just be our way of stopping the war. I place my hand on the cold stone wall, brushing it lightly with my fingers while I walk.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if I didn't come back. Would Tobias have stayed with me or would he have come back anyway? What about Uriah? Would he be here? I shake my head to clear the thoughts. It doesn't matter.

When I get there, I knock on the door. He opens it and smiles, but then frowns a tiny bit.

"What?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Did you get Uriah?" he asks.

"No," I say slowly. "I forgot. Do you want me to go get him now or-"

He cuts me off with a laugh. "No. You can stay here. I'll get him."

I nod and walk in. Tobias closes the door. "Are you going to get Uriah or not?" I laugh.

"I will." He walks close to me. "But first, I want to do this." He cups my cheeks and presses his lips to mine. Out of instinct, my arms immediately wrap around his neck.

The kiss lasts for a few seconds before he pulls away.

"I'll be back," he tells me with a smile. He opens the door and walks out.

A/N: It's short. I know. But I was way overdue for an update. Please comment ideas for what Tobias' proof could be. I'll give you credit. :)

~Bree