Chapter 15

Caroline's P.O.V

I set there waiting for Mekayla to start her story. Tears brim in her eyes as she starts.

"Well as you know both of my parents died and me and my brother had to live with our grandparents and then my grandfather died and I couldn't stay in that house anymore and we were old enough to live on our own so we got our own house and have been living there ever since but even though I've had to experience so many deaths it didn't stop there, I was also bullied for numerous things at school such as my anxiety, the fact that I had no parents, my YouTube channel, and much more. The only person that was ever actually there for me when I needed them was Matt. The bullying only got worse so I started online schooling but since I've already graduated it doesn't matter anymore but that doesn't mean they still don't bully me, it's no longer physical but verbal. I get so much hate on my YouTube channel and on twitter and Instagram too. But when I tried to ya know... kill myself. It was at a very rough time in my life, I was 14 the bullies took it too far they literally beat me and the teachers didn't do anything! Then when I got home I found out my grandmother died and when I went on YouTube I had even more hate. I just couldn't take it. I grabbed a handful of my anxiety medication and swallowed them all but I forgot to lock my door and Matt came in as soon as I swallowed them. I was already starting to lose consciousness and Matt forced me to throw up all the pills and took me to the hospital and he's the reason I'm alive today, he is literally my savior" she was crying more like bawling her eyes out and to be honest I was crying too. I didn't know my bestfriend was in so much pain.

"I'm so sorry Mek I didn't know!" I cry

"It's ok. It was my choice to tell you and I choose not to" she replied

"I just wish I was there to help you!" I cry harder

"Your here now and you actually know my story"

I reply with a hug, she may be older than me but everyone needs comfort every once and a while even if it's by someone younger.

"If it helps I have a little saying that I say to myself when the haters get to me because it's not easy being Connor Franta's adopted daughter" I say

"Sure" she sniffles

"A haters just a fan whose scared to admit it" I say

(A/n: if you can give me the name of the song and who it's by for those lyrics I'll give you a shout out)

"Thanks Caro you always are good at helping me during a rough situation"

"No problem. Hey if you want I could get dad to come" I say

"Sure. He's always good at making me smile"

"Ok I'll go call him" I reply getting up and walking out the room.

!! PHONE CALL !!

D- dad C- Caroline

D- hello?

C- hey dad

D- Caroline hi. Where are you?

C- I'm with Mekayla she's kind of down right now and she needs someone to cheer her up and your pretty good at that so I was wo--

D- is she ok? I'm on my way?!

C- she's fine well I think anyway.... WAIT I HAVE YO CHECK SOMETHING WHERE IN HER ROOM HURRY!!

!! ENDED CALL !!

A though accrued to me. If she's depressed she might cut. I need to check her wrists. She's always wearing long sleeves or a ton of bracelets.

I run into the room as fly on the bed

"GIVE ME YOUR WRISTS!!" I demand. She hesitates at first but slowly obeys. I lift up her sleeves and gasp in shock

Scars. Tons of scars cover her wrists most healed but some fresh. I can feel the tears in my eyes as I stare down at her scared wrists. I don't need to say anything I just hug her. We stay in that position for about 5 minutes until the door burst open and dad comes running up to the bed.

Mek freaks and pulls her sleeves down but it's too late dad saw the horrific scars. He does exactly what I did. Not saying a word but just hugging her.