Chapter 23

** IMPORTANT **

A/N: ok this is to all the people who have already read chapter 23 before I accidentally deleted it..... Ok I advise you to re read this chapter because I made it longer and I added a little more detail!!!

Connor's P.O.V

Once Mekayla falls asleep I gently wiggle myself out of her grip and head downstairs. Everyone's still in the back yard so that's where I go.

As soon as I step outside Matt asks "Weren't you going upstairs with Mek?"

"Yeah I was up there but she fell asleep so I came back down" I answer. He just nods and goes back to talking to Jc and Kian

I walk over to Jenn and Andrea "hey Jenn! Andrea!" I greet them

"Hey Con Da Bon whatcha up to?" Jenn asks

"Nothing much, what about you guys?"

"Well we were just discussing the moving arrangements" Andrea explains

"Wait you guys are moving?" I ask confused

"Yeah we're moving in with Arden and Lauren" Andrea answers

"Ohhhhh that's right! I completely forgot!" I say remembering now

"Ye-" Jenn was cut off by an ear piercing scream. Everyone goes quiet and turn there attention to the house.

Oh no!

Mekayla!

Before anyone can move I'm bolting up the stairs with Matt right behind me

Mekayla's P.O.V

I was sitting on my bed scrolling through twitter when I heard a knock on the door. I didn't think to much about who it could be so I just said a quick 'Come In'

I hear the door open and I look up, when I do I completely freeze. No it can't be. He's dead. My father is dead, he can't be standing right in front of me! He just can't!

"Hi sweetie!" He says in an oddly calm voice

"Uh h-hi?" I stutter. That's the only word I could make out.

"Oh look at how much you've grown! You look just like your mother!" He says clapping his hands together

"How? How are you here? You died in that car with mom?" I say

"Oh honey no I didn't die I got out with a few broken bones that's it" he says in that creepy calm voice again

The anger starts building up inside me. He left mom to die! He left me and Matt! "YOU JUST LEFT MOM THERE TO DIE?!" I yell

"Sweetheart calm down there wasn't much I could do she was already dead from impact" he says calmly.

"THEN WHY DIDNT YOU COMF BACK FOR ME ABD MATT?! WHY DID YOU JUST LEAVE US?!" I scream again

"Oh darling isn't it obvious?" He asks. Now I'm confused. My lack of responds causes him to continue

"I never want to have children. You and Matt, you guys meant nothing to me. I wanted to leave a long time ago but I didn't have a good reason but when the accident happened I took it as my chance to flee. Now don't you see dear you and Matt were a mistake! I never loved you nor will I ever!" He finishes

I sit there speechless I mean what do you say when your own father tells you, you were a mistake? When he says he doesn't love you? When he leaves for so long only to return to - wait why did he come back if he never wanted us? Surely he didn't just come back to tell me that.

"Then why are you here?" I ask in a weak voice but it's still stronger than I expected

"To do this" he says before pulling out a knife. I sit there frozen in my place. My mind is have a hard time processing what's happening. Then all of a sudden everything makes sense and I'm aware of what's happening.

My dad was never like my friends dads he wouldn't take me to go get I've cream or go to the park. He rarely ever said 'I love you' and he was never around. My mom just said it was because he was always on business trips. Now I know those 'business trips' were all just lies. All he ever wanted was to get away from us. But WAIT! If I'm in the house with Matt and my father said he hated Matt also does that - no it can't! He killed Matt.

I'm broken out of my thoughts by my father stepping closer to me and raising the knife all I do is scream.

I bolt up in the bed. I'm trembling, sweating, crying, you name it. My heart beat is quicker than normal and my breathing is irregular. Oh no. No no no no no. I know what's happening I'm having a panic attack. I jump off the bed and try to walk to the door but I just end up on the ground not even a foot away from the bed. I feel the walls caving in and all I hear is the sound of my own heartbeat.

The door flies open and Connor runs to me with Matt hot on his trail. I am pulled onto Connor's lap. I burry my face in his chest as he gently strokes my hair. Once I'm calmed down I take my head out of Connors chest and look around. Ugh I have this feeling that someone watching me but when I look around i don't find anyone.

"It's ok it's ok, it was only a bad dream" Connor tries to reassure me but for some reason it feels like a vision. Like it's something that'll happen in the future.

"Would you like to talk about it?" Matt asks. I nod slowly and start to explain.

By the end of the story I'm crying again as Connor tries to calm me down by gently rocking us back and fourth.

"Hey Mekayla don't worry it was just a dream. Remember at the funeral it was an open casket you saw him before he was buried. He's dead, ok? It can't hurt you" Matt says

"I know it's just I've got this feeling that the dream was some kind of warning. Like it's trying to prepare me for something." I answer

"Well if anything were to happen we'd be right here with you" Connor says

"Connor?" I say in a small voice

"Yes?"

"I'm still tired will you stay with me?" I ask

"Of course my dear" I cringe when he says 'dear' it's the same name my dad called me in my dream.

Connor lifts me off the ground and places me in the bed. He soon joins me and I snuggle up in his arms.

"I love you Mekayla" Connor says after awhile. I can't help but smile!

"I love you too Con" I answer

"Don't say I love you too it makes it sound like your agreeing with me"

(A/N: I got that from the 'Yes' books)

"Ok then. I love you Connor" I say

"That's better"

We lay in a peaceful silence for awhile until I start to drift back into slumber but I still can't shake the feeling that someone's watching me.

////////////////////////////////////////

A/N: ok so I had to re write this chapter because I deleted the other one. Yep go me whoo. No I actually feel really stupid!

But anyway if you read the original chapter 23 and then read this one tell me which ones better please.

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 1.2K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok don't forget to

Vote

Comment

And

Eat Pizza