14

I roared at the metal man, not giving him time to think of a plan I latched out

I roared at the metal man, not giving him time to think of a plan I latched out. My claws retracted I was ready to tore him into pieces.

He dodged easily, too easily. “Woah there kitty-cat, watch those claws of yours or else they might need to get clipped!” I growled under my breath, flapping my wings I shot at the flying man.

“Someone get this flying reptile back to jurassic park movie set!”

He flew aside in the last second, blasting me with his repulsor. It didn't hurt, just burned a little. I roared, going at him again.

In this fight, my size was an issue, he being smaller gave him better access to dodge and fly around me like the annoying fly he was. He blasted at my wings, making me screech and snap my jaws at him, he stumbled back as I nearly bit his metal head off.

Dammit.

“Hey kids, found the weakness, aim for the wings.” he spoke lowly, probably thinking I wouldn't hear. Suddenly he came at me and with more strength then I thought was possible he crashed into my side, making us both stumble couple of feets down on the ground. Dust and pieces of grass flew up as we crashed, not giving him time to adjust I pushed him off me, purring as I noticed the gashes my metal claws had made on his red and golden chest.

I rolled on my feet and jumped at his crouching form, he of course dodged to right, exactly as I expected him to do. He was too distracted by my flashing metal claws he missed my tail that hit him on full force. I jumped at the rolling metal man and I heard him groan. I pushed my claws into his shoulders, watching as they sunk into the metal with ease.

“hey, my dear friends, now would be great time to make yourselves useful for once! I don't wanna be lizards lunch, mayday, I repeat, mayday!” I opened my jaw, feeling annoyed that I was unable to breathe fire, as I was about to bit his head off, I was thrown off the red and golden trash can.

The hit was so hard it made me dizzy for a second, my chest was burning as I vaguely heard the man hidden in metal suit mumble to himself "someone tell it to brush its teeth, I think I'm gonna puke”

I tried to move my wings to get up, only to find that the pressure on my side made me unable to move, I arched my neck, my red eyes flickering at the odd hammer.

What the--

“ah, what a mighty beast! Have no fear, I've fought mightier! Friend Stark, I was not aware that Midgard had drekis.” a booming voice announced, making him my next target. I struggled under the small piece of metal, utterly gobsmacked that it didn't move even an inch. I growled at it, my claws leaving long gashes into the soil.

“yeah, point break, me neither.”

“alright, let's dance you beautiful creature!” suddenly the small object flew off me and I was able to push myself up. My eyes landed on the man who was holding the hammer.

How on earth..

I snapped my jaws at him and not waiting any longer, bounced on the man who looked like a wrong man in a wrong battlefield with his hilarious red cape and long blond hair.

What did he think he was? Next miss Europe?

He easily threw a punch at me, the force behind it startling. The man with hair that looked like sunbeams threw his hammer as well as punches that seemed like child's play to him, he even chuckled! “that poor looking creature is just a baby, friend Stark, I don't think it to be wise to kill little ones, their mothers are usually much older and fiercer” the man said with that same booming voice of his. “Don't kill it you genius! we just gotta get it away from Hydras hands.”
After getting beat up pretty good I slowed down a little.

This miss sunshine-hair-dressed-like rose-petals was stronger then I had thought at first.

I circled him slowly, keeping my eyes at him as I was searching for weaknesses. He held his hammer as his blue eyes twinkled with amusement.

I was caught off guard as I was blasted with repulsors, I pulled my wings closer to my aching body. Something whizzled through the air and I growled in surprise as I noticed an arrow that had pierced right through the metal shackle around my right foot, the blue hue in it died down and I couldn't feel the small vibration of electricity in it.

I cocked my head as I raised my foot to my eye level, it wasn't working anymore.

I looked around, in the piles of dead bodies as I noticed a guy hiding behind a tree with bow.

These are some weird agents indeed.

My head snapped to right and my focus was immediately back on the grinning blonde who enjoyed beating me up.

Another hit, another blast, hit again, taste of metallic blood, very painful blast on the corner of my sensitive wing. Didn't matter how much I lashed with my claws or snapped my teeth, I was getting tired and they didn't even seemed to breath sweat.

They were trying to tire me out.

I breathed heavily, my snout touching the ground as my chest heaved and my wings were shamely resting on the trampled grass and not against my body.

I was covered with soil and blood, my eyes burning with hatred, yet they seemed pleased to see I was getting tired.

“Barton, your shot would be amazing right now.”

“you might want to step away, it's going to pierce its neck a little, the angle is too bad.”

Just like before, I was too damn slow. Another arrow had whizzled through the air and it stuck at my neck, I could see it sticking out from the other side.

Suddenly I was not tired anymore.

I could feel the hot blood run down my neck as I shook it, trying to get rid of the arrow stuck in my neck. I yelped in pain and panic as I realized it wasn't going to be out, I took a couple of steps back still shaking my head as droplets of blood flew with eats shake of my head.

How did a mere arrow pierce my neck? My scales? What even is it?

I roared in panic, standing on hind legs.

“no, no, no, no”

The only familiar voice said shakily and my panicked gaze fell on Winter Soldier.

The Soldier was down on his knees, gripping his hair as he mumbled under his breath.

I realized that Soldat and I were the only Hydra agents standing.

Nothing was going as planned, and it had all been my fault. I had left his side.

Before the blonde could approach me again, I roared at him and ran to Soldat, glaring at the blue and red suited man who talked with him lowly.

I growled at the blue eyed man who had done it to Soldat. Swiftly I bounced at Winter Soldier, as gently and carefully as I could I curled my fingers around his torso and jumped in the air. Hitting the man with shield with my tail as I got higher and higher in the air.

Soldat was still trembling as I pulled him closer to my scaly stomach so the wind wouldn't hurt him that badly.

I ignored the blood dripping from my neck as I flapped my wings hurriedly, in the back of my mind knowing that the red metal man could find us if I wasn't fast enought.

I had failed, and I knew that Hydra wasn't pleased at all.