Chapter 5 - The Taste

Aurora is bustling with people when MC arrived. The air is rich with scents wafting from the many food stands. As your friends forge ahead toward the food stands, MC looks around for Becca. MC's phone buzzes in her pocket and she takes it out

Text Message:

Behind you

MC turns around and come face to face with Becca. Talk about sneaking up on me!

Becca: I wasn't sneaking. You're just oblivious, as always. She looks MC up and down. But at least you look super cute, so I guess I can forgive you. Anyway, you guys took forever to get here, so I drank a large iced tea, and then I got myself another, but I don't really want it anymore, so... - while holding an iced tea out towards MC. - Take it if you want, I guess

MC takes the iced tea and have a sip - Wow Becca... You're being weirdly nice.

Becca: Hey, don't get me wrong, I didn't buy it for you or anything, I just...

MC raised her eyebrows - You just what?

Becca: Whatever. Where are all your lame-o friends?

MC: Last I heard they were heading to the corn on the cob stand. I'm sure they'll be happy to see you. Come on, lets catch up.

Becca: Ugh, can we wait a little? I need to steel myself for their dorkiness. Besides, I found this thing I want to show you.

MC: A thing?

Becca: Yes, MC, a thing. Don't make a big deal about it or my offer's off the table. And I know you wouldn't want to miss out on all the fun I have to offer.

MC: Sounds interesting... Let's go.

Becca: Okay, but calm down a bit first. You're embarrassing yourself.

Becca leads MC through a crowd to a snow cone stand with a whole row of colorful syrups and toppings.

MC: I didn't know you could put all this stuff on snow cones. This is pretty fancy!

Becca: I dunno, it looked like the kind of childish thing you'd like.

MC: Okay, you're definitely an imposer. Unless you're really just secretly a nice person.

She taps a finger to MC's lips, one eyebrow quirked. "You better take this secret to your grave."

MC: Hmm, I'm not feeling all that threatened.

Becca rolls her eyes and starts making a snow cone, and MC joins her. When MC finished with hers, she holded a spoonful out towards Becca. She rolled her eyes, but took a bite

MC: I hope you like strawberries.

Becca shrugs, but she was smiling "That wasn't awful, but your ice to fruit ratio could use some serious work"

MC: Oh yeah? Show me how it's done, snow cone master,

Becca: Ew, only if you never call me that again.

She holded out a spoonful of her snow cone, and MC took a bite. The mango syrup is sweet on MC's tongue, and Becca looks pleased. MC quickly leaned in and kissed Becca. The taste of strawberries lingers on her lips. After a moment, she makes a surprised sound and pushes MC away.

Becca: MC what are you doing?

MC: Sorry I know you wanted to keep things discreet... I just got caught up in the moment, you looked kind of cute.