Chapter 6 - Shadows

MC was at home, trying to enjoy the last days of the holidays, when she felt her phone vibrate in his pocket, it was Becca, who had not answered her calls since the Aurora Musical Festival.

Becca: "Hey, I know we still have a couple of days before getting back to classes, but I was wondering if you were willing to come to Hartfeld a couple of days earlier".

MC: "What is this about Becca?"

Becca: "Well, I have the Kappa House for myself, and I kinda wanted you in it".

MC: "Do you want me to pledge again?"

Becca: "I'd love you to pledge for me, but no, I want to spend time with you"

MC: "I can't hear you, can you say that again?"

Becca: "Well, I can hear you perfectly clear, and sounds to me you don't want to, so just forget that I called."

MC: "Becca wait, I do, forever, I do."

Becca: "I knew it. Want me to pick you at the airport?"
MC: "Why not?".

Becca took MC directly to the Kappa House, and took her upstairs, put her bags on a side and told her they will later fix them and started to kiss her desperately, MC thought to herself "She ain't taking my calls, why is she kissing me like this n...

Becca took MC directly to the Kappa House, and took her upstairs, put her bags on a side and told her they will later fix them and started to kiss her desperately, MC thought to herself "She ain't taking my calls, why is she kissing me like this now?" and started to feel overwhelmed, she was starting to get tired of Becca's tug-o-war and separated from her and started to talk:

MC: "Look I came here cause I wanted to talk to you, I want us to get to know each other a bit more".

Becca: "Why try to fix what's not broken?"

MC: "It's gonna be if we keep things like this".

Becca took a step back and looked at her as if she was trying to figure MC out, gazing at MC's neck while biting her lower lip, and looked around the room, and then back at her.

Becca: "Ok, I'm Rebecca Davenport, you can call me Becca, I hate you, whatever, and you're MC, and you're desperately in love with me, see? we know each other"

MC frowned and said: "Why can't you take me seriously? See? that's what I mean, one moment you are ok being with me, not sarcastic at all, and and the next you are like you've got other shit to do and you don't care about me. You've got to figure your shit out".

Becca: "I've got some other shit to do, it's not all about you".

MC: "Ok, but I need you to say it"

Becca: "I'm not gonna raise your self esteem".

MC: "But I thought you were into me".

Becca: "Why are you trying to ruin this?"

MC: "I'm not ruining anything, I'm just not good at this". MC said as she started to grab her things to leave the room

Becca: "OK, I'm sorry, let's just try to be friends" and grabbed her hands