Chapter 10 - Clouds

NOTES: OK, this is a short one, cause I've been really busy, but I don't want you to think I've forgotten about this story, and I want to keep posting chapters for you to enjoy.  I'm thinking of changing the direction this is going, and make sense to a lot of things that has happened here in the past, that's why it's taking me long to write a decent chapter.  I guess this one it's like the bridge for it to happen. 

Hope you enjoy .  

_____

The next morning MC was sitting in the armchair with her laptop on her legs, she was working on the newspaper article, she was still thinking about Kaitlyn telling Chris that she heard Becca in the showers, then she was interrupted by Kaitlyn who threw herself on the armchair next to MC and crossed her legs, as she asked "How are you? lately I've noticed... you seem distant, as if you were distracted".

MC looked at Kaitlyn straight into her eyes, trying to make her believe that she was doing fine as she explained "It's just the newspaper thing, I'm a little worried about Chris, Manny is trouble, and I do not want to lie or say he can't control him, but it's very important that I show Chris being a good captain, I'm just worried about how this is going to turn".

"Well, if you say so, I don't think there's a problem, you are clever and creative, you always find a way to make things work" Kaitlyn said as she put one hand on MC's knee and said, "If you ever need my help, you know you can talk to me, right?"

At that moment the door opened. Becca had in her hands bags with snacks and food to prepare for the party. Becca could not help noticing Kaitlyn's hand on MC's leg, and scowled at the two of them, Kaitlyn noticed Becca's gesture, and asked mockingly "What's wrong? Do they ran out of popularity in the store?" To which Becca replied "Yes, same thing happened to the talent you asked me for".

"Whoa, Whoa, easy there" MC stood up abruptly and told both girls that they needed to find a way to get along, as she walked towards Becca and asking her with her eyes to apologize.

Becca rolled her eyes, took a deep breath, let out a sigh and said "I'm going to be the bigger person here, I'm sorry Liao, that was uncalled for", as she started taking things out of the bags while scowling at her.

"I'm the one who needs to apologize Becca, I'm the one who started this, I guess we are not ready for jokes yet" Kaitlyn apologized.

"Ugh Liao, I can handle you just fine" Becca said as she kept taking things out of the bags.

"Ok, now hug it out girls" MC said as she tried to bring the two of them together

"Can't do, I got band practice, I need to go ASAP" Kaitlyn said as she started to leave the room

"MC can you help me with this?" Becca said while tilting her head pointing to the groceries.

"Sure" MC said as she walked towards Becca and picked the groceries from the counter and started putting them in the cabinets.

"You know? I think she is always looking for excuses to touch you, she's still into you, I guess" Becca said as she kept pulling out groceries from the bags.

"Jealous much?" MC asked in a flirty manner

Becca lifted an eyebrow and answered "Do you want me to be?" while she put a hand on her hip.

"I better go to my room, I've got a lot of writing to do" MC said as she finished putting things in the cabinet..

"Oh, you are not fun when you know you are losing" Becca said and winked at her, while MC blowed her a kiss.