Chapter 15 - Something ain't right

Becca wanted to get away from her thoughts, she started to feel cornered in her bed, she sat in there on the darkness of her room, barely illuminated from the moonlight sneaking through her window and drank water from a bottle on her nightstand, first looked at the floor, then at the ceiling, but no answers, she couldn't stop feeling guilty about losing someone who stood by her at difficult times and started to see how disappointed at her MC must feel, kept drinking some water until her bottle ran out of water and she went to the kitchen to get some more.

Becca kept the lights off, she did not want to wake up anyone, it must be awkward to explain someone at the house she had read and teary eyes because she let down MC and now she felt she pushed everyone away from her specially when she need them the most, and as she walked to the kitchen, she bumped into the chairs, and with some dirty dishes someone let at the sink undone, Becca kept looking at them for a while, thinking on how could this people live like this, turned on the lights and and stared at the whole kitchen for a while and said "This is it, I can't!".

MC stared at the screen of her computer for a while as she leaned her elbows on her desk and her head on her hands, re-read a couple of phrases, deleted them and started to re-type the whole thing, but she was not happy with her results, she needed a clear mind to write the article on the "Second Chance Scholarship" and decided to take her laptop to the living room to start working on an open space.

As MC walked to the living room, she heard some noises on the kitchen and walked further to the kitchen and asked Becca: "Cleaning again huh? Becca, are you feeling guilty about Madison?" Becca snorts loudly "As if, hah! Hah... MC let out a long breath "Look, I just want to know what you are doing to our kitchen at midnight. Becca sights as well and crosses her arms. Kay, Maybe there's something on my mind and maybe I thought cleaning would help me relax. That's what all those boring self-help blogs say! But they've obviously never experience the serenity of having someone to do all the cleaning for them!

MC: So you were stress cleaning. You know? That's a pretty good habit.

Suddenly a sharp tang of alcohol reaches MC's nose, and takes a closer look at the kitchen.

MC: Becca, what the heck is all this?...

Apart from the smell, there are strips of wet toilet paper all over the counters, and a pile of dust on the floor with a handful of paper towels laid on the top-

Becca: I didn't want to scratch up the counters, so I tried to clean them with the softest material I could think of, but you guys only have single ply and I swept up all of the crud on the floor, but I don't know how to get it to the trash can and picking it up with a paper towel isn't working.

MC: What happened to the dustpan attached to the broom?

Becca: I thought it was a snow plow or something, so I stuck it by the front door.

MC: And that smell?

Becca: I thought rubbing alcohol will disinfect the dirty dishes.

MC: Becca, you're cute

Becca sits down on the floor and says "Please, don't patronize me. I just feel gross, grinny and tired. Outside and inside. It just sucks"

MC sits beside her and take her hand squeezing gently.

Becca: MC, do I like... ever help? Or I'm just in the way?

MC: Becca, you've been a handful, I mean I knew I just hoped... that I'd see more of a change by this point.

Becca: I'm trying so hard to figure out what's right and wrong and how to act around people and it's just not working! I feel so broken. I'm still mad at Madison, but I wish I hadn't just gone rogue like that!