Chapter 8 - Come Through

Becca crumpled the sheet and threw it in the trash basket, went to her closet and took the suitcases. She felt dejected, there was nothing she could do now, her father was not going to pay her fees at Kappa, anymore, and she needed to start looking for places to live since she won't be a sister, anymore she's not allowed to live at Kappa's.

Becca grabbed her things and went to the Administration building to get help to get a dorm. Life could not be worse at this point, former Kappa Queen, now living like poor people on a dorm. But this day was going to teach Becca things can always get worse before they get better.

"I'm sorry miss Davenport, but we're out of dorms by now..." Ms. Twombly sadly said

"You can't be serious... How am I supposed to keep studying here if I..." Becca started to complain and Ms. Twombly interrupter her in her most empathetic tone: "I'm really sorry miss Davenport, may I suggest you try renting off campus?" While trying to hold her hand, as she started to grab her things she stood up and said: "Okay, I'll figure something out... Thanks for nothing I guess".

Becca tried her luck by walking around campus, seeing if there was somebody dropping their dorm to snatch it, but it was pointless, no one will drop their dorm this late on the semester, they won't even get a refund. Becca sat down and laid her back on the base of a tree, crying with her hands covering her face. She did not know what to do anymore, she was lost, her father stopped answering her calls, and her mother could not help her anymore. Becca, her mother and sister had their own financial problems to deal with.

As she was crying on the base of the tree with her hands covering her face while resting them on her knees a girl approached her and said: "Rebeca Davenport, is that you?" and Becca annoyedly said: "You must have hit your head with something, cause I look nothing like her". The girl stared at her and kept saying: "I know it is you Rebecca, don't you remember me? we worked together on biology project last semester. C'mon, is everything alright? You don't seem good..."

Becca filled her in on all the details about not being able to pay her fees at Kappa, feeling backstabbed by her best friend Madison, and how hypocrite she was by giving her a stupid key necklace. She told her about her housing issues, and she told Becca she could crash for a day or two on her dorm couch, but her roommate won't be happy to have her much longer than that.

Becca started wondering to herself: "What am i supposed to do? live in my car? that if it doesn't' gets tolled"

Next two days she stayed at her biology classmate's couch, she used to keep a bag with the clothes for the day, and the books she needed, she kept all of her stuff in the car, as she grabbed the things she needed by the day. Becca was starting to feel tired as the days passes, she used to cover herself with a periwinkle hoodie for people not to notice her. She kept looking late at nights for places to live, but she could not afford anything by her own.
Today she was late for classes, she grabbed all of her books and started jogging to her class.

Last week Gabriela showed MC her dad's old place, and offered her to live in there with her former roommates, they were all tired of cleaning the place up, and fixing everyone's rooms during the weekend

Next morning MC had the first newspaper's meeting in the library with James, just when she was getting to the library she bumped into Madison, and she asked her to take a minute to talk to her.

Madison: It all started with our annual vote for Kappa house president. Which I Won!

MC: Wait... What about Becca?

Madison: That's what I was getting to... She was outvoted by almost everybody. I think... And you know how Becca gets...

MC: Oh, trust me, I know

Madison: She really is warming up to you! She even had some nice things to say. At least before she stopped talking to me.

MC: She is giving you the cold shoulder?

Madison nods sadly: It is not my fault! I didn't ask anyone to vote for me. The other girls said it was because they were sick if her T-rexinny

MC: Er...

Madison: And now I don't know what to do. I really want us to be friends again like before, but... Can I be honest with you MC?

MC: Of course.

Madison sucks a deep breath and steels herself. She looks around before continuing: "I like being house president. It's like Kappa is finally the place I thought it would be when I pledged. But it also feels like I'm betraying Becca... What do you think?

MC: Madison you should focus on repairing things with Becca I know you love being president right now... But is it worth risking your relationship with your best friend.

Madison: Yeah, I guess you're right. I'll give it a little time and try talking to Becca again soon. Thanks MC.

MC: Anytime. I'm happy to help.

At this point MC had stopped calling/texting Becca, she was tired of "Not now MC", and remembered they talked about taking things slow, but now she was starting to get worried about her. She did not know what to do, maybe Becca needed her space to figure things on her own, maybe she needed MC the most at this time, but MC had called before, and she was not talking to her either. She decided to write Becca an e-mail.

PLEASE REPLY!!!

to: r.davenport@mail.com

from: mcaccount@mail.com

Hey Becca, I just heard a song that makes me think of you, and it goes like this:

You're too much, I can't take it / You always seem to make my heart stop and/ I can tell that there's something in your eyes / Calling me / I want you now, I want you all over me / Can't you tell me all your secrets? / I'll tell you all mine (x2) Saw you all alone on the outside / I knew your move / Do you remember me / The same way I do you?

I want you, open wide / Can't you tell me all your secrets?/ I'll tell you all mine (x2) / So good , You're so good (x3) / Going out of my mind, I'm handling it (x4)

Love, MC

PS: You've been avoiding me. I miss you, and I'm starting to worry about you. If you want to take a step back,I get it, if I did something to you, I need to know.

Please let me know you're okay.

Becca's phone buzzed, she readed MC's email and it drew a smile on her face, she started to think things might start to get better. It was a little ray of sunshine over the storm her life had become.